File details in Tooltip?

Apparently, after a profile deletion, one of my users is reporting their
file info tooltip isn't working.

She wrote:

> However, when I
> place the cursor arrow over a document, the yellow box that appears used
> to give me more info than it does now. I used to see the date the
> document was created, but now it only shows the type of document and its
> size. What do I do to change it back?

Someone in the Office newsgroup (since I thought the extra info was
provided by office, but I was promptly chastised back to a WinXP group)
gave this tip:

> Adjust Folder Options (control panel). In the View tab select "Show
> pop-up description for folder and desktop items"

She's done that, and the info is still missing.

Thanks for any pointers.

jeff

Jeff,

Is this happening to all file types?
Does the Infotip appear, but not all the file info is displayed?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User