Configuration Problem: Can't Return to Normal Mode

I had to chane the system configuration to Safe Mode to address some malware
issues. Now that I have things cleaned up, I can't get the system to
configure in Normal Mode. Whenever I check the Normal Mode box on the system
config menu, the /SAFEBOOT box on the Boot INI menu is activated. When I
uncheck the /SAFEBOOT box, the Selective Startup option is activated with all
options checked. The system will not let me boot normally...either I run in
Safe Mode or Selective Startup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

have you tried editing /safeboot out of the boot.ini file? it's just a text
file after all.

"mkeables" <mkeables@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I had to chane the system configuration to Safe Mode to address some malware
issues. Now that I have things cleaned up, I can't get the system to
configure in Normal Mode. Whenever I check the Normal Mode box on the system
config menu, the /SAFEBOOT box on the Boot INI menu is activated. When I
uncheck the /SAFEBOOT box, the Selective Startup option is activated with
all
options checked. The system will not let me boot normally...either I run in
Safe Mode or Selective Startup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Thanks, John. That seems to have done it!

Mike