Control panel has become disabled

Hi,

I have an xp computer and I think the kids downloaded a virus.
The control panel icons no longer work. Clicking them does
nothing and some of them are missing. Does anyone know
what I can do to try to fix this problem????
Thanks in advance...
2 answers Last reply
More about control panel disabled

    Bill, check at Kellys http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select
    C and scroll to Control Panel
    "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an xp computer and I think the kids downloaded a virus.
    > The control panel icons no longer work. Clicking them does
    > nothing and some of them are missing. Does anyone know
    > what I can do to try to fix this problem????
    > Thanks in advance...

    Bill,

    Do you get any error messages while launching an applet? Example: Type this
    in Start/Run:

    Control Appwiz.cpl

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an xp computer and I think the kids downloaded a virus.
    > The control panel icons no longer work. Clicking them does
    > nothing and some of them are missing. Does anyone know
    > what I can do to try to fix this problem????
    > Thanks in advance...

Control Panel Microsoft Windows XP