Control panel has become disabled

April 8, 2005 11:33:11 AM

Hi,

I have an xp computer and I think the kids downloaded a virus.
The control panel icons no longer work. Clicking them does
nothing and some of them are missing. Does anyone know
what I can do to try to fix this problem????
Thanks in advance...

More about : control panel disabled

Anonymous
April 8, 2005 8:47:10 PM

Bill, check at Kellys http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select
C and scroll to Control Panel
"Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an xp computer and I think the kids downloaded a virus.
> The control panel icons no longer work. Clicking them does
> nothing and some of them are missing. Does anyone know
> what I can do to try to fix this problem????
> Thanks in advance...
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 1:27:20 PM

Bill,

Do you get any error messages while launching an applet? Example: Type this
in Start/Run:

Control Appwiz.cpl

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP