Closed Solved

HDD Password

Hi,
I can't use a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop as I cannot access it since I can't remember its
HDD Password. I am also not able to change its 'enabled' in the setup to 'disabled' using <shift> + 1 keyboard functions. As I keep trying, it gives me the following : 'System Disabled [00007]' and at times 'System Disabled [00023]'.
The main message I get on trying to boot the computer is as follows:
PXE-E61: Media Test Failure
PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM.
Operating System Not Found.

Please help me fix it. Is there no other way I can disable or bypass the HDD Password? Just in case it may help, the Service Tag is 6Q4QCC1
Thank you
Cassim
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about password
  1. Best answer
    Because there is no way for us to verify that you are indeed the owner of this laptop, The only help we can give you will be in this thread:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/64241-35-locked-laptop

Good Luck!
  2. Cant remember your own PW that you use daily? Im smelling some bullshotty. Cant help ya anyhow, ask the person you took it from.
  3. @ Veteran
    You don't have to smell anything. It is an old long abandoned laptop that still works. I know the User and Supervisor Passwords but can't remember the HDD Password. I can get to the set-up but don't know how to disable or bypass the HDD password.

Candid
  4. No one really cares as to the why. No one here can help you bypass a PW that you should know, if in fact, you are the owner. Prove ownership to a local PC shop and im sure they can help you. We cant.
  5. Best answer selected by Nikorr.
  6. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Dell Inspiron Hard Drives Laptops