Sign in with
Your question
Closed

HDD Password

Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
May 21, 2012 2:28:36 PM

Hi,
I can't use a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop as I cannot access it since I can't remember its
HDD Password. I am also not able to change its 'enabled' in the setup to 'disabled' using <shift> + 1 keyboard functions. As I keep trying, it gives me the following : 'System Disabled [00007]' and at times 'System Disabled [00023]'.
The main message I get on trying to boot the computer is as follows:
PXE-E61: Media Test Failure
PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM.
Operating System Not Found.

Please help me fix it. Is there no other way I can disable or bypass the HDD Password? Just in case it may help, the Service Tag is 6Q4QCC1
Thank you
Cassim

More about : hdd password

Best solution

May 21, 2012 2:50:21 PM

Because there is no way for us to verify that you are indeed the owner of this laptop, The only help we can give you will be in this thread:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/64241-35-locked-lapto...

Good Luck!
a b D Laptop
May 21, 2012 3:02:32 PM

Cant remember your own PW that you use daily? Im smelling some bullshotty. Cant help ya anyhow, ask the person you took it from.
Score
Related resources
May 25, 2012 12:54:51 PM

@ Veteran
You don't have to smell anything. It is an old long abandoned laptop that still works. I know the User and Supervisor Passwords but can't remember the HDD Password. I can get to the set-up but don't know how to disable or bypass the HDD password.

Candid
Score
a b D Laptop
May 25, 2012 1:33:38 PM

No one really cares as to the why. No one here can help you bypass a PW that you should know, if in fact, you are the owner. Prove ownership to a local PC shop and im sure they can help you. We cant.
Score
a b D Laptop
May 25, 2012 2:13:33 PM

Best answer selected by Nikorr.
Score
a b D Laptop
May 25, 2012 2:14:06 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!