Tech: DK no sound, audio board rebuilt

bill

Hi all,
I have a DK cabaret that has not had sound since I got it at auction. I can
hear some humming from the speaker. Adjusting the volume control on the
monitor makes the hum become louder or more quiet. I just installed a repair
kit for the audio board from Bob Roberts and still nothing. I also tried to
reseat the 2 socketed chips on the sound board. It's the 4 board style.
Also, I've looked at the manual but I can't find out what a certain part on
the monitor does. It looks like a mini isolation transformer and is mounted
to the monitor's frame.The red and white wires that go to the speaker come
out from this device. Two other wires (brown and orange I believe) coming
from the audio board go into it. Thanks for any tips on what to look for
next.

The 2 audio wires that come from the 4-board set to the monitor - take
those wires and stick them to any speaker, you should here very faint
game sounds during play if the sound section is working.

Marcel

The red & white wires come from the audio output transformer mounted on
the monitor frame next to the amplifier board. It matches the output
impedance of the amplifier to the cabinet 's speaker impedance. If
you're getting very weak sound I would also suggest to check the game
power supply to be sure all voltages from it are ok.

TRENDING THREADS