WPA2

Dose the MN-700 support the WPA2 standard.
6 answers Last reply
More about wpa2

    No, it doesn't. And I wouldn't expect it to be updated, since MS has discontinued their wireless networking products.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Jay" <Jaxxs71@aol.com> wrote in message news:111301c55989$763eb5a0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    > Dose the MN-700 support the WPA2 standard.

    When did MS discontinue their Wireless Products? Is there
    a link to this announcement? Are they discontinuing
    support also? Is their a list for Wireless Vendors
    supporting WPA2?

    Thanks in advance for your attention.

    Smart Display\Security
    >Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    >http://www.dougknox.com
    >--------------------------------
    >Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro
    >http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_securityconsole.htm
    >--------------------------------
    >Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
    >Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
    >
    >"Jay" <Jaxxs71@aol.com> wrote in message news:111301c55989
    $763eb5a0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    >> Dose the MN-700 support the WPA2 standard.
    >.

    April, 2004, Stephen. It is probably in their presspass section on the
    corporate web site.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "StephenA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When did MS discontinue their Wireless Products? Is there
    > a link to this announcement? Are they discontinuing
    > support also? Is their a list for Wireless Vendors
    > supporting WPA2?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your attention.

    D-Links wireless game router does with the latest firmware AND it
    appears that the MN-720 alreadys supports WPA2 as I have it working.

    http://www.mcemvp.us/bbowman/WPA2+Yeah+Baby.aspx

    On Sun, 15 May 2005 13:05:37 -0700, "Jay" <Jaxxs71@aol.com> wrote:

    >Dose the MN-700 support the WPA2 standard.

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist

    Does the MN-710 support WPA2 Barb. I have a MN 700 and a couple of 710's.
    From what I am reading if I want WPA2 I am going to have to replace the
    router which is fine but am I going to be stuck replacing the nics also. Also
    I haven't seen WPA2 support for Win2k3 only for XP.

    "Barb Bowman [MVP-Windows]" wrote:

    > D-Links wireless game router does with the latest firmware AND it
    > appears that the MN-720 alreadys supports WPA2 as I have it working.
    >
    > http://www.mcemvp.us/bbowman/WPA2+Yeah+Baby.aspx
    >

    > On Sun, 15 May 2005 13:05:37 -0700, "Jay" <Jaxxs71@aol.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Dose the MN-700 support the WPA2 standard.
    >
    > --
    > Barb Bowman
    > Expert Zone Columnist
    > MS-MVP (Windows)

    I gave my MN-710 away so to be honest, I don't know. If it supports
    AES as well as TKIP (and as I recall it does) it may have support in
    the latest driver for WPA2. I'll see if I can borrow it back and check
    it out.

    W2K3 does not yet have support (it was behind XP in support for WPA as
    well). It is likely that a 3rd party supplicant (Funk/Meetinghouse)
    have a $$ program for other OSes available or available soon)
    http://www.funk.com/News&Events/ody_c_310_pn.asp (free trial
    available).

    Yes, you will need a new router.

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist

Routers Hardware Support Microsoft Networking