Remote Desktop Connection

Is there anything special that needs to be done to use remote destop
connection with computers in a work group environment?

Frequently Asked Questions About Remote Desktop:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/rdfaq.mspx

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"T Kelley" <T Kelley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anything special that needs to be done to use remote destop
> connection with computers in a work group environment?

I have read all of these items and have followed all of the steps. I am
having trouble adding the users from the client computer to the host
computer. I receive a login error that the account is restricted. I think I
just need help setting up users.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Frequently Asked Questions About Remote Desktop:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/rdfaq.mspx
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "T Kelley" <T Kelley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there anything special that needs to be done to use remote destop
> > connection with computers in a work group environment?

Let's treat this as a scenario.

1) You have number of machines in a work-group.
2) You want to use one or more machines as the RDP Host
3) All you need to do is to add Specific User Accounts from each Work-Group
Client to the RDP Host(s) Power Users Group or the Administrators Groups (if
you're not paranoid about security)
4) Also check the permissions in the Remote TAB of the System Properties
Sheet (u can get there by highlighting & right clicking My Computer |
Properties)

Hope this helps.

--
The_JAT