tech: williams audio output (fades in and out)

Hi,

I have a few Williams games (Joust, Robotron, and Stargate) and 2 of
them have the same audio symptom: The audio occasionally fades out to a
very low level and then will come back. It's funny because a loud sound
in the game will bring the level back & it also comes back if you adjust
the pot to a loud level. This leads me to believe that it has to do
with dirty connections, where a loud level will actually create enough
induction to make the proper connection somewhere so that it returns to
the normal level. However I'm also thinking that perhaps the audio
board isn't getting proper voltage. Has anyone seen this and if so what
did you do to remedy it?

Matt

Sounds like maybe a bad volume pot to me. Bob Roberts sells them.