Having trouble finding a reliable site to rate good gaming laptops. My story: I have a beast of a desktop that I built a year and a half ago and I'm still happy with it. I'm never gonna find a laptop replacement and dont wanna. But I'll be doggone, I keep having to travel and I have a laptop that cant cut it at all. Found that out tonight in my hotel when I tried to play Warlock Master of the Arcane for the first time. I'm bored as hell and sick of yahoo chess. So I just want portability but a laptop that I can play GOOD games. I have a dell xps 15z which I bought for simple work stuff but now with the travel, I want something MORE. Please help guys, consumer reports just cant.
1. What is your budget?
cost is not too concerning if it makes my life better, but it would be stupid to drop 2K on a gaming laptop when it wont be a replacement laptop. To sum it up: I'm not poor, but I'm not a stupid lottery winner
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
the non suck, no rea l set specifications here
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
most MMOs on low to medium settings (not playing WoW, now on SWTOR), and strategy games (Total War 2, Warlock)
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
doesnt matter (if you must know, powerpoint and excel, lol)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
250gb at least
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.