Which Robotron bezel from arcadeshop is better

I imagine the tempered glass is better than the plexi, but is it $20 better?
Is the plexi a close enough match or is the tempered glass a must?

Hi Jason,

I have the tempered glass from Darin, its very nice. Worth the extra
$20 imo.

Mark Capps

Jason Souza wrote:

> I imagine the tempered glass is better than the plexi, but is it $20 better?
> Is the plexi a close enough match or is the tempered glass a must?

Hey Jason,
I've used the new plexi bezels a few times and it looks great. I'd go for
the glass myself but I've never had much luck getting glass shipped to me.
Once installed glass holds up alot better and always looks cleaner. If it's
for your own collection I'd go with the glass, if you're just reselling it I
would just go with the plexi.

just my 2¢

Scott

www.agelessarcade.com

"big dog" <catfishh@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Hi Jason,
>
> I have the tempered glass from Darin, its very nice. Worth the extra
> $20 imo.
>
> Mark Capps
>
> Jason Souza wrote:
>
> > I imagine the tempered glass is better than the plexi, but is it $20
better?
> > Is the plexi a close enough match or is the tempered glass a must?

larryc

I have a pair of the boxes/packaging that Phoenixarcade used to ship the
Robotron bezels. If anyone wants one to ship a bezel they're welcome to
one. A really great way to ship a bezel safely.

I also have a piece of clear glass that is sized to fit a Robotron or Joust,
if anyone wants it just pay shipping.

Larry C.
Franklin, WI

"thrushguy" <garons@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hey Jason,
> I've used the new plexi bezels a few times and it looks great. I'd go for
> the glass myself but I've never had much luck getting glass shipped to me.
> Once installed glass holds up alot better and always looks cleaner. If
> it's
> for your own collection I'd go with the glass, if you're just reselling it
> would just go with the plexi.
>
> just my 2¢
>
> Scott
>
> www.agelessarcade.com
>

> "big dog" <catfishh@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> Hi Jason,
>>
>> I have the tempered glass from Darin, its very nice. Worth the extra
>> $20 imo.
>>
>> Mark Capps
>>
>> Jason Souza wrote:
>>
>> > I imagine the tempered glass is better than the plexi, but is it $20
> better?
>> > Is the plexi a close enough match or is the tempered glass a must?

Has anyone tried to add tint (car tint maybe) to the glass bezel or do
people leave it without tint?

"Jason Souza" <jsouza@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I imagine the tempered glass is better than the plexi, but is it $20
>better? Is the plexi a close enough match or is the tempered glass a must?

I thought that Darin already tinted the glass bezels..?? I'll have to pull
mine out of storage and check! :)

--
-Steve P.

> Has anyone tried to add tint (car tint maybe) to the glass bezel or do
> people leave it without tint?
>

> "Jason Souza" <jsouza@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>I imagine the tempered glass is better than the plexi, but is it $20
>>better? Is the plexi a close enough match or is the tempered glass a must?

Darin did tint all of his bezels. Are ArcadeShop's bezels just Darin's
being resold? That would be a selling point for them, since Darin's
bezel was spot on perfect with the exception that the instruction card
was screened on rather than left bare for a paper card; and Darin's are
no longer available!