CM5 delayed again - from gameplay

Hi Eddy Blaxell,

The release date for Championship Manager 5 has changed (to Mar 25
2005). ...

mentalalien wrote:
> Hi Eddy Blaxell,
>
> The release date for Championship Manager 5 has changed (to Mar 25
> 2005). ...

Oh dear. What a pity. Never mind....

--
----------- Daniel -----------

-------------- FORZA ARSENAL --------------

Daniel Marsh wrote:

> mentalalien wrote:
> > Hi Eddy Blaxell,
> > The release date for Championship Manager 5 has changed (to Mar 25 2005). ...
>
> Oh dear. What a pity. Never mind....

Not new news but to be more exact, from the horse's mouth;
http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/shownews.php?id=134

-------Quote--------
CM5 Update
by Keir Edmonds - 25/11/2004
Eidos announced today that CM5 will be released between January and June next year.
"As previously announced, the PC release of Championship Manager 5 was deferred from October
2004 in order to allow for further development and refinement of the game. It will now release,
closely followed by the platform and online versions, in the second half of FY05 on a date to be
announced in due course".
More news and articles on the development and features of CM5 will appear on the run up to
release.
--------End----------

> Eidos announced today that CM5 will be released between January and June next year.

June 2006. As I thought.

"Daniel Marsh" <danmaruk@NOSPAMbtopenworld.com> schreef in bericht
> mentalalien wrote:
>> Hi Eddy Blaxell,
>>
>> The release date for Championship Manager 5 has changed (to Mar 25
>> 2005). ...
>
> Oh dear. What a pity. Never mind....
>
> --
> ----------- Daniel -----------
>
> -------------- FORZA ARSENAL --------------

Mmmm. I'm not so sure about making sarcastic remarks on CM5. With awfull
buggy CM4 in mind, and a not *that* enhanced FM2005 - Players who go back to
CM3 might actually make the switch for CM5, choosing fast play and more
simple interface above realistic, choppy & buggy play... I bet most of us
will give CM5 a whizz (with or without torrent). What we'll find ourselves
playing most of the time, only time will learn.

Then again, I prefer Rome Total War above Unreal or Doom, but find myself
playing for a quick shoot'm up most of the time.

btw... Does anyone know if you're able to make your own... uhm.. snuff
movies in Sims2

Hari Seldon wrote:
> "Daniel Marsh" <danmaruk@NOSPAMbtopenworld.com> schreef in bericht
>> mentalalien wrote:
>>> Hi Eddy Blaxell,
>>>
>>> The release date for Championship Manager 5 has changed (to Mar 25
>>> 2005). ...
>>
>> Oh dear. What a pity. Never mind....
>>
>> --

> Mmmm. I'm not so sure about making sarcastic remarks on CM5. With
> awfull buggy CM4 in mind, and a not *that* enhanced FM2005 - Players
> who go back to CM3 might actually make the switch for CM5, choosing
> fast play and more simple interface above realistic, choppy & buggy
> play... I bet most of us will give CM5 a whizz (with or without
> torrent). What we'll find ourselves playing most of the time, only
> time will learn.
>
> Then again, I prefer Rome Total War above Unreal or Doom, but find
> myself playing for a quick shoot'm up most of the time.
>
> btw... Does anyone know if you're able to make your own... uhm.. snuff
> movies in Sims2

You've been watching 8mm too much..

--
----------- Daniel -----------

-------------- FORZA ARSENAL --------------

> Hari Seldon wrote:
>> "Daniel Marsh" <danmaruk@NOSPAMbtopenworld.com> schreef in bericht

>>> Oh dear. What a pity. Never mind....
>>>
>>> --
>

>> Mmmm. I'm not so sure about making sarcastic remarks on CM5. With
>> awfull buggy CM4 in mind, and a not *that* enhanced FM2005 - Players
>> who go back to CM3 might actually make the switch for CM5, choosing
>> fast play and more simple interface above realistic, choppy & buggy
>> play... I bet most of us will give CM5 a whizz (with or without
>> torrent). What we'll find ourselves playing most of the time, only
>> time will learn.
>>
>> Then again, I prefer Rome Total War above Unreal or Doom, but find
>> myself playing for a quick shoot'm up most of the time.
>>
>> btw... Does anyone know if you're able to make your own... uhm.. snuff
>> movies in Sims2
>
> You've been watching 8mm too much..
>
> --
> ----------- Daniel -----------
>
> -------------- FORZA ARSENAL --------------

Mwuahaha... Maybe I liked Dungeon Keeper and Black & White too much. But I
*did* like the fact that in Sims 1 you were able to create your own
pizza-zombie

gareth

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001

"mentalalien" <mentalalien2002_NO@SPAM_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi Eddy Blaxell,
>
> The release date for Championship Manager 5 has changed (to Mar 25 2005).

oooh my birthday, and also Good friday...... what a great day March 25th is
!!!!

Hari Seldon wrote:

> Mmmm. I'm not so sure about making sarcastic remarks on CM5. With awfull
> buggy CM4 in mind, and a not *that* enhanced FM2005 - Players who go back to
> CM3 might actually make the switch for CM5, choosing fast play and more

The comp.team/human inconsistencies, the dumb AI and <S> are the main reasons why I cannot be
bothered any more. It may be true and I may be depriving myself of a great gaming 'experience'
in FM, but I cannot go through all that time and effort only to find the game is the same as
before only this time with more bells and whistles. With a sense of the SI tradition, it may be
better to wait until the third instalment to try my hand at it again, say, FM06-07.

As to the eibloodydos' CM5, will it ever come out at all? Will eibloodydos be bought up? Does
anyone care now?

> Then again, I prefer Rome Total War above Unreal or Doom, but find myself
> playing for a quick shoot'm up most of the time.

You should try out the more tactical, slower First Person Shooters.

> btw... Does anyone know if you're able to make your own... uhm.. snuff
> movies in Sims2

Not sure about Sims2, but for Sims Online, try this
http://www.strangerhood.com/
and this to check for new devs
http://www.alphavilleherald.com/blog/

Gareth wrote:
> "mentalalien" <mentalalien2002_NO@SPAM_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hi Eddy Blaxell,
>>
>> The release date for Championship Manager 5 has changed (to Mar 25
>> 2005). ...
>

> oooh my birthday, and also Good friday...... what a great day March
> 25th is !!!!

Good Friday - day off work - so that's one good reason.
Your birthday - forgive me for not celebrating it.
CM5 - coming out - how is that good?

Em Sun, 23 Jan 2005 08:42:09 +0800, The Wielder of the Scythe
<scytheNOSPAMWIBBLE@netvigator.com> escreveu:

> Hari Seldon wrote:
>
>> Mmmm. I'm not so sure about making sarcastic remarks on CM5. With awfull
>> buggy CM4 in mind, and a not *that* enhanced FM2005 - Players who go
>> back to
>> CM3 might actually make the switch for CM5, choosing fast play and more
>
> The comp.team/human inconsistencies, the dumb AI and <S> are the main
> reasons why I cannot be
> bothered any more. It may be true and I may be depriving myself of a
> great gaming 'experience'
> in FM, but I cannot go through all that time and effort only to find the
> game is the same as
> before only this time with more bells and whistles. With a sense of the
> SI tradition, it may be
> better to wait until the third instalment to try my hand at it again,
> say, FM06-07.
>
> As to the eibloodydos' CM5, will it ever come out at all? Will
> eibloodydos be bought up? Does
> anyone care now?
>
>> Then again, I prefer Rome Total War above Unreal or Doom, but find
>> myself
>> playing for a quick shoot'm up most of the time.
>
> You should try out the more tactical, slower First Person Shooters.
>
>> btw... Does anyone know if you're able to make your own... uhm.. snuff
>> movies in Sims2
>
> Not sure about Sims2, but for Sims Online, try this
> http://www.strangerhood.com/
> and this to check for new devs
> http://www.alphavilleherald.com/blog/

To me the only aspect that turns FM down is the easy signing of stars at
lower league teams, it makes the game too easy.
I'm loving my Palmeiras Fc game, and breaking personal records of
permanence, but having Anelka at League 1, is a bit far from real.
I've not faced any <S>, and the results have been fair due my team quality
at lower leagues.
Will post my last report in minutes and I'm afraid I have an
overdimensioned team without expending much, this is the main flaw that I
see.

--
The Brazilian Man

On the 20 Jan 2005, mentalalien <mentalalien2002_NO@SPAM_yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Eddy Blaxell,
>
> The release date for Championship Manager 5 has changed (to Mar 25
> 2005). ...

They'd be better off leaving releasing it until the start of the 2005/6
season to be honest. They'd steal a march on FM 2006 that way - I've
always thought it a little daft that CM (now FM) came out half way
through the season.

--
Jades' First Encounters Site - http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm
The best Frontier: First Encounters site on the Web.

nospam@jades.org /is/ a real email address!

On the 22 Jan 2005, "Hari Seldon" <Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> wrote:

<snip>

> Mmmm. I'm not so sure about making sarcastic remarks on CM5. With awfull
> buggy CM4 in mind, and a not *that* enhanced FM2005 - Players who go back to
> CM3 might actually make the switch for CM5

Actually, after 03/04 ate my English LLM save [1], I was so pissed off
I was seriously considering not bothering buying FM 2005 and giving CM5
a chance instead.

Notes:

1. It bombed out part way through a save, taking the file with it.
Fortunatley, I had the option where it autosaves in different filenames
switched on so I didn't lose the whole game. Oddly, despite the fact
I'm sure it had autosaved twice that night, the newest backup file was
three days old.

--
Jades' First Encounters Site - http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm
The best Frontier: First Encounters site on the Web.

nospam@jades.org /is/ a real email address!

TRENDING THREADS