Sign in with
Your question

Dell Latitude E6510 new battery not charging on AC power

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
May 22, 2012 10:40:24 AM

Hi!

I have the following problem:

After 3 years, the battery of my Dell Latitude E6510 given up the ghost and I've bought a new (not a replica but the original model purchased from http://www.pcakkus.com/dell-latitude-e6510.html ).

The battery can be used easily and is also recognized by the system.
Only problem: He can not be charged.

When you first insert the battery was at 33%. In network mode, it remains at 33%. However, it is shown: left 33% (network operation is not recharged).

Have already taken out the battery again and blown onto the contacts and everything wiped cloth with NEM (thought it might be a bit dusty). But nothing helps.

Can someone help me? Were so thankful for every tip.
a c 205 D Laptop
May 22, 2012 6:02:15 PM

Charger, bad battery, bad power connector on the laptop would cause this. Since the battery is new, see if they will send a replacement. If that one does not charge, check with a new charger. If that also does not work, have the jack looked at.
m
l
a c 205 D Laptop
August 8, 2012 2:04:13 PM

j_mazzella said:
I had the same issue with my Dell E6400 (it uses the same battery) it turned out the problem was the cheap replacement battery I bought. Basically threw away $35.

I finally bough a new replacement from safebatteries.com and that fixed the problem. I guess your get what you pay for, This one has been performing well ;) 

He had an OEM Dell battery though, so it should have been working fine with the laptop.

The battery from that site looks to be non OEM either, although a lot more expensive than the Chinese batteries from ebay.
m
l
!