joshua

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I had XP Home Edition but have recently upgraded to Pro. After the upgrade
the sound worked fine. Muted it because I didn' want sound. A few days
later I unmuted it. No sound.... I have checked all the volume settings,
rolled back the driver, updated the driver, and still nothing. It is
recongnized in the device manager. I turned it up all the way and plugged my
headphones in I can barely hear anything. It is so quiet that you cannot
tell what it is. By the way this is a laptop and before all of the upgrading
I use to have a bar that would appear at the bottom that would show my
volume. Now it does not appear. Thanks

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

any chance there's a manual sound control? or if not that, then perhaps a
couple of keys on the keyboard that control sound? can you turn up the sound
by hand?
"Joshua" <Joshua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I had XP Home Edition but have recently upgraded to Pro. After the upgrade
the sound worked fine. Muted it because I didn' want sound. A few days
later I unmuted it. No sound.... I have checked all the volume settings,
rolled back the driver, updated the driver, and still nothing. It is
recongnized in the device manager. I turned it up all the way and plugged
my
headphones in I can barely hear anything. It is so quiet that you cannot
tell what it is. By the way this is a laptop and before all of the
upgrading
I use to have a bar that would appear at the bottom that would show my
volume. Now it does not appear. Thanks

joshua

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yeah Ive tried to turn it up both ways.. going to the volume control and
pressing FN + Page Up (which is my volume up).