Serious problem. HELP!

kn0xpUnk

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2004
Heres the story: I had a perfectly good running comp. P4 2.26 / GeForce 4 Ti4200 / 512mb / WinXP. Im an avid pc gamer and this setup never gave me any problems. Then I downloaded the Far Cry demo and the 53.03 drivers. Far Cry ran for maybe 2 minutes and then it started crashing my computer. It seems to have either killed my vid card dead, or changed some setting in my computer thats creating a serious problem. I can no longer play anything without immediate crashing upon launch. For example, Battlefield 1942 will load up, I will launch into the game, it will load the map, but as soon as I get into the game, I get this checkerboard looking crash. Everytime. Ive rolled back the drivers. Didnt work. I reformatted my hard drive. Still crashes every game immediately. Could I have burned out my video card? There is no visible damage on the card itself. Is there a setting that could have been changed and if so, how could I fix it? Expert replies only please.

-Have you seen juniors grades?-

Woodman

Distinguished
May 8, 2002
While running games & stuff, check whether the fans on the CPU & the GPU are still operating.

-----
Saay, you look really beautiful. Mind if I take a sniff of your butt-hole?

I have heard several stories of the 53.03 drivers crashing TI4200 cards.

My question is why would you install FX drivers on a GF4 card.

Yes they are SUPPOSED to be compatable. But not allways.

In my opinion the 40.72whql drivers are the most stable drivers for the G4 TI series cards.

The newer drivers increase performance slightly but also cut corners on Image Quality

I aint signing nothing!!!