Bah, need laptop advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

demetrius202

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
Been trying to post since last night but site has been giving me errors so this is the quick version. Have an awesome desktop computer that I built a year ago but now I'm travelling a lot more and want something that I can atleast play some great MMO and strategy games on with medium settings. Hard to get an non-biased rating of current GAMING laptops so asking here. Thanks for your help guys!

1. What is your budget? Not poor but not a stupid lotto winner--been looking at 17" macbook pro but wanted to ask here before commiting (2k+ price laptops--dont wanna make a stupid purchase then find out here of an awesome better laptop for like 1.5K. hate feeling like a stupid lotto winner)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? dont matter. play my games (SWTOR, Warlock game, Total War 2 junkie, maybe even D3)

3. What screen resolution do you want? non suck

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? no replacement, cant replace my lovely

5. How much battery life do you need? doesnt matter

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Swtor, Strat games (Warlock, Total War 2), maybe D3 on medium settings dont care about hi settings on a laptop

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) powerpoint, excel, lol i know but u asked

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? atleast 750 gb of some good 7200 rpm HD

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. nope, but looked at macbooks and dell alienware laptops

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? as long as it serves me well. unless game engines are evolving faster than I think, should be about 2 yrs

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? dont care really

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. dont care

13. What country do you live in? us of a

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. that's about it

Status
Not open for further replies.