computer doesn't finish booting to Windows

When I boot my computer, the process stops at the bios/info screen and I am
told to strike F1 to continue or F2 to enter setup. I have enabled fast boot
and moved the hard disk to the first sequence but I still can't boot directly
to the OS. Any suggestions? Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about computer doesn finish booting windows

    Stike F2 and enter Setup. Look for PnP/PCI Configuration>Reset
    Configuration Data choose Enable. Save Settings and
    Restart.
    "coacht" <coacht@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I boot my computer, the process stops at the bios/info screen and I
    > am
    > told to strike F1 to continue or F2 to enter setup. I have enabled fast
    > boot
    > and moved the hard disk to the first sequence but I still can't boot
    > directly
    > to the OS. Any suggestions? Thanks.

    Thanks for the reply. I do not have this option from setup. I can't find any
    PnP/PCI Configuration setting at all. This sounds like a reasonable solution
    but I can't get there. Any suggestions? Thanks again.

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > Stike F2 and enter Setup. Look for PnP/PCI Configuration>Reset
    > Configuration Data choose Enable. Save Settings and
    > Restart.
    > "coacht" <coacht@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When I boot my computer, the process stops at the bios/info screen and I
    > > am
    > > told to strike F1 to continue or F2 to enter setup. I have enabled fast
    > > boot
    > > and moved the hard disk to the first sequence but I still can't boot
    > > directly
    > > to the OS. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Computers Boot Windows XP