turmania

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2004
Packar bell pc's using radeon 9600 video cards have a major problem, i love c&c generals, actually i bought a new pc to play that game. but when i install the new driver which was 3.1 at the time,no its 4.1 i heard. game crashed on the menu, funnility without installing the driver game was perfect. so i ended up formatting and re installing everything, which was a major pain. i want to downlaod the new patch but im scared same is gonna happen so i dont. has anyone else had this problem with radeon 9600?

Your post makes no sense. Download the latest patches and packard drivers too.

First using the 3.1 drivers isn't supported for any R9600s.

The 3.10 IS.

4.1 also works.

Your issue is likely with your setup, a better description with better english (slow down, write clearly), and then maybe someone can help you. Otherwise it's just a bunch of mumbo jumbo. And your first statement isn't true, it's just you.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

turmania

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2004
dude i think u need to check your english. anyhow i didn't come here to fight i can do that with my gf. i came here for a solution. I bought the pc a month ago, cost me around 2000 euros. so u expect a decent machine at this price. I installed generals and played for ages. perfectly clouds shadows all was perfect, previously on my mx440 video card u couldnt see shadows or clouds. so it was great. friend of mine told me it cab be better download the new patch from ati. so i did, yes it was3.1 somthing dont worry i'm not stupid enuf to download a patch for someother videocard. so i started generals game, on the menu boom monitor froze, pc froze... i tried this for ages samething happened at the menu. i tries other games like halo, max payne,raven shield they all worked perfect. only in generals it did this. now i hear a new driver is out. but i dont want to install it if the same $hit happens, where i have to reinstall everything to make it work as it was before. im asking if anyone had this issue with radeon 9600

Right, sure it's my Engrush that's the problem, Obviously!

What you have is a case of user error, and considering the user it's not surprising.

Call tech support since you're too inept to even provide sufficient info in plain english; but then again they will likely require a working knowledge of the english language to solve your problem.

I'll be as specific as you were; Yes install/uninstall something.

Your 2000 euros would've been better spent on an Xbox and some hard liquor, PCs are obviously too complicated.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I had problems with a program not detecting my card with cat 3.9 and went back to 3.7. Haven't tried 4.1, never had a problem with 3.7.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

turmania

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2004
Man you got a serious probelm, first you mock people who you claim can' t speak english, then you abuse them. You can whatever you want, i'm not gonna go down to your level and start insulting.Packard bell customer service is worse then asus's customer service.I might have made a mistake of buying from there, but i did. thats my problem.I own an x-box and I own other consoles too. so before u mock ppl, try to be lean and patient.I hope you have a life or more over that you get one.

Aww poor baby's gonna go now.

Seriously reading that was like listening to the SAP on my TV!

I mock you because you post utter and complete crap, and when doing so you jumble yourself up enough that even if people wanted to help you which I would've initially, they wouldn't know where to start. Let Crashman waste his time with you, but I pitty him for it. You don't want to spend the time to get your your system specs right, or even get the most basic freakin' DRIVER version right even after I pointed it out to you. Good Luck, I'm sure there's a ton of other things you can crew up even with an A$$packer computer.

As for my life, yeah I'm totally crushed now that you had such a stellar comeback, oh heavens whatever shall I do. Guess I'll have to go out drinking to get over it. BooHooHoo!

hippo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Pecker Bell? They're still in business? ;)

Well they're well known for making bad PCs do a clean sweep of the old drivers and update all to new drivers and see what happens.

BTW there r issues with too many units (game crash) for C&C generals.

pauldh

Illustrious
You spent how much on a Packard Bell? Oh my word! In the US, we killed that PB virus a while ago. Ugh, those thangs were aweful. Do they even have tech support? :wink:

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 512MB Corsair TwinX PC3200LL, Radeon 9500 Pro, Santa Cruz, Antec 1000AMG, TruePower 430watt

hippo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yes they do. They r located at very street corner, just by the light post!!

Found a couple of em' and do some silicon burning!!