Closed Solved

How to unlock ddd passowrd on a gateway laptop

gateway mt6451 laptop with hard drive 120 gb western digital
both hdd and bios are locked
how can i bypass, just repairing computer / will be reformatting hd installin win 7 and getting puter working for customer who got it used
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about unlock passowrd gateway laptop
  1. You have "customers" buying computers from you but you don't know how to do this? Smells fishy to me.
  2. Call the customer for the password, or call the police to see if it is stolen.
  3. Sounds like you should be asking the customer for the passwords. If they don't have them then you give the item back to them. Tom's doesn't advocate hacking passwords.
  4. Best answer
    stevenlocurcio said:
    gateway mt6451 laptop with hard drive 120 gb western digital
    both hdd and bios are locked
    how can i bypass, just repairing computer / will be reformatting hd installin win 7 and getting puter working for customer who got it used

Just ask the customer for the passwords... You won't find any help on these forums bypassing or defeating password protection. It was put there for a reason... like if it was "STOLEN".
  5. ahnilated said:
    Tom's doesn't advocate hacking passwords.

Especially for somebody who claims to be performing computer work for "customers" but can't figure out how to get past a BIOS password when he doesn't care about the integrity of the data.
  6. This topic has been closed by Pyree
  7. Best answer selected by Pyree.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Gateway Hard Drives