cannot access address bar in internet explorer

the pc hangs if this guy tries to click the drop down box for the address
bar.
Any ideas?
I told him to put on sp2.
Thank you in advance
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot access address internet explorer

    jd,

    See if clearing the history and TIF helps.
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net> wrote in message
    > the pc hangs if this guy tries to click the drop down box for the address
    > bar.
    > Any ideas?
    > I told him to put on sp2.
    > Thank you in advance

    Thank you Ramesh.
    His pc was not even a day old but I will pass on the info and report back.

    > jd,
    >
    > See if clearing the history and TIF helps.
    > http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net> wrote in message
    > > the pc hangs if this guy tries to click the drop down box for the
    address
    > > bar.
    > > Any ideas?
    > > I told him to put on sp2.
    > > Thank you in advance

Internet Explorer Browsers Microsoft Windows XP