Lexmark Z-52/ WinXP

To Whom It May Concern:

This is to address a known issue with the Lexmark Z-52 printer running under WinXP. You can print text on low quality with no problems, however when you go to the highest quality photo printing, the output is severely distorted and stretched out, and no matter how you try to resolve the issue, (Besides paying Microsoft $30 for the available patch), it does the same thing repeatedly. WinXP service pack 2, when it comes out, is supposed to address this issue, but if you want the fix now it will cost you. Personally I think that sucks, on Microshafts part, never the less, thats the skinny, on this subject.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

M39shadow

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2003
So what you are actually saying is that Lexmark is waiting for Microsoft to fix something that they (Lexmark) used in their crappy drivers or firmware that they didn't test very well...

or that a new driver will be available for the O.S. that was supplied to Microsoft from Lexmark.

Either way, since the problem doesn't exist for printers from other manufacturers, it really isn't Microsoft's fault when it really gets right down to it.

And no I don't work for MS or even really like Windows, I just call them as I see them. Lets be honest, hardware manufacturers like to point to MS and say its their problem when they actually wrote their drivers and supposedly tested them with these operating systems. More times than not it is how the hardware manufacturer decided to use the O.S. files not the files themselves.

Well obviously you don't know what you're talking about, Microsoft admitted it was their problem.

<b>STATUS</b>

Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.

<A HREF="http://www.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310311" target="_new">http://www.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310311</A>

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by 4ryan6 on 05/14/03 10:59 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Yeah, I'm Dual booting also with Win98SE, no problems printing at all.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>