Berzerk Help.....

Todd

I have finished deconverting a Berzerk. Bought a complete working board
set still mounted to the door. I know Berzerks are flakey here is what
it is doing, turn it on, beeps three times light on zpu board blinks
three times, runs a test pattern on the monitor almost like it is
trying to reset. I reseated all the roms and all voltages seem correct
.. any ideas? Thanks Todd

Mine is doing a simlar thing, I had to reply just so I can follow this
thread...
Hopefully someone has solved this probelm already...
-Peace

I've seen bad ribbon cables cause this. Clean the pins and check for
continuity between boards.

Mark

In rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace Todd <Todd@generalcaulking.com> wrote:
: I have finished deconverting a Berzerk. Bought a complete working board
: set still mounted to the door. I know Berzerks are flakey here is what
: it is doing, turn it on, beeps three times light on zpu board blinks
: three times, runs a test pattern on the monitor almost like it is
: trying to reset. I reseated all the roms and all voltages seem correct
: . any ideas? Thanks Todd

The manual tells you waht the blinks and beeps mean...

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

Todd

I wish I had a manual, if anyone can tell me or refer me to what the
beeps and blinks mean I would appreciate it. Thanks Todd

Todd wrote:
> I wish I had a manual, if anyone can tell me or refer me to what the
> beeps and blinks mean I would appreciate it. Thanks Todd
>
> Mark C. Spaeth wrote:
> > In rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace Todd
<Todd@generalcaulking.com>
> wrote:
> > : I have finished deconverting a Berzerk. Bought a complete working
> board
> > : set still mounted to the door. I know Berzerks are flakey here is
> what
> > : it is doing, turn it on, beeps three times light on zpu board
> blinks
> > : three times, runs a test pattern on the monitor almost like it is
> > : trying to reset. I reseated all the roms and all voltages seem
> correct
> > : . any ideas? Thanks Todd
> >

> > The manual tells you waht the blinks and beeps mean...
> >

> > --
> > Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
> > 50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
> > Cambridge, MA 02139
> > (617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth

Yep... I know the problem. The VFB 1000 socketed ram is bad. Change em
all over to 6116 rams and you're back in action. That's what my fix
was. Give Mark Capps a holler! He'll hook you up with new ram. Great
guy!!!!!

John

dang i think mine has the same problem. Pretty common with these VFB's
I am assuming?

yep....... That's why I replaced all my ram with 6116's
John

Just seeing if you were out there Mark! 4116's is correct. Replace all
your ram with 4116's and you should boot right up.

John

In rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace Baraka <grus_jc@yahoo.com> wrote:
: yep....... That's why I replaced all my ram with 6116's

4116... 6116 is a 24-pin sram.