"Find" has stopped working!

I'm afraid I can't pinpoint when this lack of funcionality has occured, I
just know that it doesn't work anymore. Well, in a sense it does, as the
Find-dialogue opens like it should. I can also type in what file I'm looking
for but when I click "Find" - poof! - the application quits.

Anyone heard of anything like this and what the remedy might be..?
2 answers Last reply
More about find stopped working

    "Mmmymlan" <Mmmymlan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm afraid I can't pinpoint when this lack of funcionality has occured, I
    > just know that it doesn't work anymore. Well, in a sense it does, as the
    > Find-dialogue opens like it should. I can also type in what file I'm
    > looking
    > for but when I click "Find" - poof! - the application quits.
    >
    > Anyone heard of anything like this and what the remedy might be..?

    Which programme are to trying to 'find' from? If it's Outlook Express, try
    this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298558

    --
    Falcon:
    fide, sed cui vide. (L)

    Oh, sorry! It´s locally on my computer. In other words: the basic,
    down-to-earth XP function you use to dig up stuff you know you´ve saved but
    for your life can't remember where... *s*

    "Falcon" wrote:

    > "Mmmymlan" <Mmmymlan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I'm afraid I can't pinpoint when this lack of funcionality has occured, I
    > > just know that it doesn't work anymore. Well, in a sense it does, as the
    > > Find-dialogue opens like it should. I can also type in what file I'm
    > > looking
    > > for but when I click "Find" - poof! - the application quits.
    > >
    > > Anyone heard of anything like this and what the remedy might be..?
    >
    > Which programme are to trying to 'find' from? If it's Outlook Express, try
    > this:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298558
    >
    > --
    > Falcon:
    > fide, sed cui vide. (L)
    > [I know that you believe that you understood what you think I wrote, but I
    > am not sure you realise that what you read is not what I meant.]

Support Microsoft Windows XP