Adam

Hi, I earlier acessed a UK web site (at a university) from home and tried to
access a link within the site - a short time after the page started loading
I got a message saying "Remote Procedure Call had failed and NT was shutting
down in 60 seconds" - I then had to wait a minute until, sure enough, my PC
re-booted. Was this a problem at my end, or was it related to the
university's server? I am running XP Pro SP2. After re-booting the page in
question loaded no problem.

Thanks.

You have the Blaster Virus. Read here :
http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/blast.mspx

"Adam" <adam@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi, I earlier acessed a UK web site (at a university) from home and tried
> to access a link within the site - a short time after the page started
> was shutting down in 60 seconds" - I then had to wait a minute until, sure
> enough, my PC re-booted. Was this a problem at my end, or was it related
> to the university's server? I am running XP Pro SP2. After re-booting the
> page in question loaded no problem.
>
> Thanks.

Hey i had this problem, it seems to be called the W32.blaster.worm ,
this page should help
http://forum.theispguide.com/ftopic135-0-asc-60.html
also when you get that message hit

start, run then type: SERVICES.MSC /S

then In the right pane, locate the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service

Right-click the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service, and then click
Properties.

Click the Recovery tab.

Using the drop-down lists, change First failure, Second failure, and
Subsequent failures to "Restart the Service."

Click Apply, and then click OK.

You should be ok then!! gd luck!!

--
buffy2k5