megatouch monitor tech question

I have a megatouch maxx with a wells gardner type 67 monitor (a u3100
chassis) vga monitor.

It has good picture, but the screen shrinks and grows depending upon
brightness (more than a normal monitor). Other than that the picture looks
good (slightly pincushioned).

Just curious if anyone has a common problems sheet for this chassis or not.

I was hoping it would be a couple of caps or a certain component that is a
common failure on these chassis.

thanks in advance for any help,

--
Mickster

Visit my website and see my arcade!!

http://mickster.freeservers.com
3 answers Last reply
More about megatouch monitor tech question

    Check the tech support section at www.meritind.com and especially check
    the FAQ and download the service bulletins/manuals.

    this post is for a wells gardner type 67 monitor (a u3100 chassis) vga
    monitor.

    I had time to look at this monitor again today. I changed out about 8
    capacitors on the neckboard (they were all bad). I looked online and no one
    that I could tell had a cap kit for this monitor. Does Zanen have a
    website? (most google hits,just went to a non working randy fromm site).

    That problem still persists (screen blooms about a 1/2 inch depending on
    what is showing (like someone is bumping the B+ up and down).

    My multimeter will only test up to 20 microfarads, I would also appreciate
    and advice on a cheap cap tester (if such a thing exists).

    While I haven't fixed the problem yet, I am having fun digging into yet
    another monitor chassis type (getting tired of doing G07's).

    "Mickey Johnson" <mickster@derbyworks.net> wrote in message
    >I have a megatouch maxx with a wells gardner type 67 monitor (a u3100
    >chassis) vga monitor.
    >
    > It has good picture, but the screen shrinks and grows depending upon
    > brightness (more than a normal monitor). Other than that the picture
    > looks good (slightly pincushioned).
    >
    > Just curious if anyone has a common problems sheet for this chassis or
    > not.
    >
    > I was hoping it would be a couple of caps or a certain component that is a
    > common failure on these chassis.
    >
    > thanks in advance for any help,
    >
    > --
    > Mickster
    >
    > Visit my website and see my arcade!!
    >
    > http://mickster.freeservers.com

    No one that I know of has cap kits for this monitor, but you should
    call Wells-Gardner as they may have one available now.

    Zanen Electronics does not have a website. You can call them at (806)
    829-2780.

Games Video Monitors Video Games