When right clicking a file, there used to be an option to "Open With" and
then a listing of programs I could select to open the file with. For some
reason the Open With heading has gone. Is there any way I can get this
heading back.

Thanks

Go to Start | Run
Type in regedit and click ok
This will open the registry editor
In the left hand pane, find the following key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\

Is there a folder called Open With?

"Paul Pattinson" wrote:

> When right clicking a file, there used to be an option to "Open With" and
> then a listing of programs I could select to open the file with. For some
> reason the Open With heading has gone. Is there any way I can get this
> heading back.
>

> Thanks

At the location
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ there is
a folder called Open With and there is a Default String value data of @"".