Help with Centipede monitor adjustment

I just had a cap kit installed for a friends centipede upright. The
problem is I need to adjust the vertical because the sides are too
wide. Can someone tell me where it's located. I found the ones for
color, brightness & focus. Is it one of those silver adjustment knobs
that you need a tool for ??? Thanks in advance.

Chas
6 answers Last reply
More about help centipede monitor adjustment

    You will need to find out the make and model of the monitor installed in
    order for anyone to be able to help you. You should find some lavbels
    of some sort that will guide you. More than likely your monitor is
    either a Zenith, Wells Gardner, Electrohome, or other. Just write down
    all the info you can find on the labels affixed to the metal chassis and
    frame of the monitor. The numbers on the tube won't help.

    Once you give us this, we can help.

    Pat D.

    m6onz5a wrote:
    > I just had a cap kit installed for a friends centipede upright. The
    > problem is I need to adjust the vertical because the sides are too
    > wide. Can someone tell me where it's located. I found the ones for
    > color, brightness & focus. Is it one of those silver adjustment knobs
    > that you need a tool for ??? Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Chas

    Here is my monitor model info people.. Thanks!

    Electrohome Electronics

    Model# 19" Col Gam Mtr
    Product # 38-G07904-I0
    Chasis# G07CB0
    Serial 9-976056

    Chas
    Pat D wrote:
    > You will need to find out the make and model of the monitor installed
    in
    > order for anyone to be able to help you. You should find some
    lavbels
    > of some sort that will guide you. More than likely your monitor is
    > either a Zenith, Wells Gardner, Electrohome, or other. Just write
    down
    > all the info you can find on the labels affixed to the metal chassis
    and
    > frame of the monitor. The numbers on the tube won't help.
    >
    > Once you give us this, we can help.
    >
    > Pat D.
    >
    > m6onz5a wrote:
    > > I just had a cap kit installed for a friends centipede upright. The
    > > problem is I need to adjust the vertical because the sides are too
    > > wide. Can someone tell me where it's located. I found the ones for
    > > color, brightness & focus. Is it one of those silver adjustment
    knobs
    > > that you need a tool for ??? Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > Chas

    I think I found a site that has a pic with my monitor showing which one
    to adjust. Can someone verify this IS the correct one? Thanks
    Chas

    http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,4087.0.html

    I think I found a site that has a pic with my monitor showing which one
    to adjust. Can someone verify this IS the correct one? Thanks
    Chas

    http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,4087.0.html

    Yep. That is it. Left to right, the adjusting pots are:

    Vert. Hold.

    Vert Linear. (you may need to adjust this one a little if the pictures
    or sprites look fatter than others)

    Vertical Height. (This is the one you are looking for)

    Horzontal Freq.

    and finally,

    Horizontal Centering.

    As you so aptly poointed out, since your monitor is a vertical mount,
    you need to adjust the "vertical height" to change the horizontal width
    and vice versa.

    There is a good description on how to adjust the monitor properly on Bob
    Robert's site . If you scroll down to the bottom and look at the
    "bulletin board " sectiona nd look for the G07 "vertically challenged"
    article, that should help a lot. While you are there, read all the
    other stuff and be sure to order replacement parts from Bob. He has
    been a tremendous help to this hobby.

    http://www.therealbobroberts.com/

    Good luck.

    Pat D.

    m6onz5a wrote:
    > I think I found a site that has a pic with my monitor showing which one
    > to adjust. Can someone verify this IS the correct one? Thanks
    > Chas
    >
    > http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,4087.0.html

    Thanks. That is exactly what I needed to know. :)

    Pat D wrote:
    > Yep. That is it. Left to right, the adjusting pots are:
    >
    > Vert. Hold.
    >
    > Vert Linear. (you may need to adjust this one a little if the
    pictures
    > or sprites look fatter than others)
    >
    > Vertical Height. (This is the one you are looking for)
    >
    > Horzontal Freq.
    >
    > and finally,
    >
    > Horizontal Centering.
    >
    > As you so aptly poointed out, since your monitor is a vertical mount,

    > you need to adjust the "vertical height" to change the horizontal
    width
    > and vice versa.
    >
    > There is a good description on how to adjust the monitor properly on
    Bob
    > Robert's site . If you scroll down to the bottom and look at the
    > "bulletin board " sectiona nd look for the G07 "vertically
    challenged"
    > article, that should help a lot. While you are there, read all the
    > other stuff and be sure to order replacement parts from Bob. He has
    > been a tremendous help to this hobby.
    >
    > http://www.therealbobroberts.com/
    >
    > Good luck.
    >

    > Pat D.
    >
    > m6onz5a wrote:
    > > I think I found a site that has a pic with my monitor showing which
    one
    > > to adjust. Can someone verify this IS the correct one? Thanks
    > > Chas
    > >
    > > http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,4087.0.html

Monitors Video Games