cheepest way to do TV-OUT

frenzyFoL

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2002
Hi ,
I need to output my computer to the television.
whats the cheepest way to do this? Most retail computer shops that I've visited do not stock dedicated TV-out cards anymore. It seems that they are all integrated with 3d cards.
Cheers
Adam

Cheapest way to do it, either a GeForce anything MX or the cheapest radeon (likely 7000) you can find, look for TV out of course. Dedicated TV out cards are not common anymore because there is little demand.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

blackphoenix77

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2004
How much are you willing to spend, i know you're looking for the cheapest way...I don't know if the performance of the card effect tv out...i imagine it does. I have a fx5200 which isn't a good card gaming wise but i've used it for tv out and it works great.

My Rig:
AthlonXP 2000+ 1.677ghz
GeForce Verto FX5200 128mb DDR
Maxtor 7200RPM 80GB, Stock 40gb
Kingston 384MB DDR
Cendyne 52x24x52 CD-RW
Lite-On 4x DVD-RW
Go EMachines...:(

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If you don't want to change video cards, you can always buy a VGA to TV/Video converter, but they cost as much as a video card.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

frenzyFoL

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2002
thanks guys,
I've decided to put my gf44200myvivo into the ht system and buy a new card, for my "work" computer, rather than find a cheep tv out card.