Error and closing sounders

I've just reinstalled XP Home on my laptop, and I have a couple different
..wmv files that I created to replace the error message and Windows closing
sounders. The files show up in the Windows folder and Media sub folder, but
only with Explorer. Whenever I go through the Control Panel, use the Browse
button to change the sounders, the files don't show up.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?
1 answer Last reply
More about error closing sounders

    "peterl" <peterl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've just reinstalled XP Home on my laptop, and I have a couple different
    > .wmv files that I created to replace the error message and Windows closing
    > sounders. The files show up in the Windows folder and Media sub folder,
    > but
    > only with Explorer. Whenever I go through the Control Panel, use the
    > Browse
    > button to change the sounders, the files don't show up.
    >
    > Is there something I'm doing wrong?

    They have to be in .wav format

    --
    Greg Lamaison