HELP building a multi williams harness

Hi everybody and thanks in advance for help. I've been running Clays
multi williams setup in a dedicated Joust machine, but I want to put
the original Joust boards back in and put the m.w. boards into one of
several converted robotron and joust cabs I've got lying around. I've
built the harness already (that $150 molex pin crimper Mouser sells is
really worth it), with the correct wire connectors for switcher power,
video, volume, coin door, and controls.

What I need to know is:
1) Do I have to make up the (9 or 10, can't remember off the top of my
head, green wires) pin connector that goes from the ROM board to the
sound board, or does the wiring included with the Multi Williams kit
handle the transfer of data from the sound board to the other boards
without that connector. Of course these connectors are present in the
dedicated Joust I've got the M.W. stuff in so I plugged them in, but do
you need them?

2) Do I need to hook up that single red wire that comes off the RAM cpu
board somewhere? It's the only wire on the small plug that comes off
the cpu board between the power and video plugs. Schematics say it is a
memory protect wire? Clay doesn't mention hooking it up when converting
williams boards to JAMMA, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks for your help!
Chris (somewhere between Buffalo and Rochester, NY)

1) Yes.. you'll need the 9 or 10 pin connector that goes between the Rom and
Sound boards.

2) No. The single red wire is just for the memory interlock switch. It's
not necessarily needed. I never include that when I rebuild williams games.

The HT-1921 Crimping Tool that Bob Roberts has for $20 is great. I've been
using it for 3 years now and probably made 30 or 40 harnesses with it and it
rocks. I can't imagine how much better one for $150 would be.... oof.

Scott

www.agelessarcade.com