Sytsem Restore Failure

I cannot install and uninstall any programs on my pc. I tried to do a system
restore, but when I try and do the retsore it times out on me and stops
responding. It's a newer computer with plenty of hard drive space available.
i strted having these issues after downloading the beta antispyware program
from Microsoft. Any ideas on what I should do?
2 answers Last reply
More about sytsem restore failure

    Hi,

    Take a look at these troubleshooting tips.
    System Restore Failures to restore
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/body_srfail.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    jsarco wrote:
    > I cannot install and uninstall any programs on my pc. I
    > tried to do a system restore, but when I try and do the
    > retsore it times out on me and stops responding. It's a
    > newer computer with plenty of hard drive space available.
    > i strted having these issues after downloading the beta
    > antispyware program from Microsoft. Any ideas on what I
    > should do?

    Take a look at Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
    Select E and scroll to Executable Files.
    and select S and scroll to System Restore.
    "jsarco" <jsarco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I cannot install and uninstall any programs on my pc. I tried to do a
    >system
    > restore, but when I try and do the retsore it times out on me and stops
    > responding. It's a newer computer with plenty of hard drive space
    > available.
    > i strted having these issues after downloading the beta antispyware
    > program
    > from Microsoft. Any ideas on what I should do?

Support Microsoft Windows XP