disk boot failure, insert system disk

April 9, 2005 12:25:05 PM

This happened after I tried changing hard drives. How do you make a system
disk?
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 12:23:19 AM

Albert, make sure that the jumper on the drive is set to the correct
position, Master, Slave or Cable Select. Also, red stripe
on ribbon cable should face the white power connector.
"Albert" <Albert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This happened after I tried changing hard drives. How do you make a system
> disk?
Anonymous
April 11, 2005 12:55:05 PM

"Albert" wrote:

> This happened after I tried changing hard drives. How do you make a system
> disk?
system disk is your operating system..ie ..xp/me/98 etc..if you have an
operating system on the hdd try checking the bios settings..hit f1 or del
when you reboot, then check to see what you first boot device is...i had the
same prob after reinstalling xp home...my first boot device changed from hdd
to cd rom..if your hdd has nothing on it yet.. ie no operating system,you
will have to purchase one...hope this helps