disk boot failure, insert system disk

This happened after I tried changing hard drives. How do you make a system
disk?
2 answers Last reply
More about disk boot failure insert system disk

    Albert, make sure that the jumper on the drive is set to the correct
    position, Master, Slave or Cable Select. Also, red stripe
    on ribbon cable should face the white power connector.

    "Albert" wrote:

    > This happened after I tried changing hard drives. How do you make a system
    > disk?
    system disk is your operating system..ie ..xp/me/98 etc..if you have an
    operating system on the hdd try checking the bios settings..hit f1 or del
    when you reboot, then check to see what you first boot device is...i had the
    same prob after reinstalling xp home...my first boot device changed from hdd
    to cd rom..if your hdd has nothing on it yet.. ie no operating system,you
    will have to purchase one...hope this helps

Boot Failure Support Hard Drives Microsoft Windows XP