Hello, for some reason I cant seem to load the help&s files that my windows
xp sp2 used to have. I dont know how they got deleted or how long they have
been missing but I went to use them and they are gone. I really dont want to
re-install the xp again. I even tried kellys link on restoreing them but no
luck. Any other solutions??

Byte

Start Menu/Help and Support doesn't work: Go to Start/Run and
type in: helpctr -regserver

To reinstall Help and Support: Go to C:\Windows\inf\pchealth.inf. Right
click and choose install. Have your CD handy.

Note: The folder is hidden by default. Go to Start/Run and type in: control
folders. View: Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide extensions for
known file types.

"Tricia" wrote:

> Hello, for some reason I cant seem to load the help&s files that my windows
> xp sp2 used to have. I dont know how they got deleted or how long they have
> been missing but I went to use them and they are gone. I really dont want to
> re-install the xp again. I even tried kellys link on restoreing them but no
> luck. Any other solutions??

Tricia,

Do you get any error messages while launching Help and Support? Meanwhile,
try these commands from Start, Run dialog:

helpctr -regserver
regsvr32 itss
regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx
regsvr32 jscript