Loose PCI slot? Not Sure.

Last response: in Networking
May 16, 2005 9:58:39 PM

Hello, I am trying to re-install a wireless PCI card on an
old Dell laptop with Win2000 on it. Unfortunately, the
computer won't recognize the card... won't give it power
or anything. If I move around the card, it will connect
for a second or so... is there any way to tighten the
screws or something on the laptop so the card will work?
Or do I simply need to buy a new card? I have a wired card
that works.. strange. Any help greatly appreciated.

More about : loose pci slot

Anonymous
May 16, 2005 10:13:25 PM

Unless you really know what you are doing, I'd take it to a Dell Service
Center. Opening a notebook isn't much fun. A new card isn't likely to
help, it sounds like it's a loose PCMCIA slot itself that is the problem.

--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

!