Loose PCI slot? Not Sure.

Hello, I am trying to re-install a wireless PCI card on an
old Dell laptop with Win2000 on it. Unfortunately, the
computer won't recognize the card... won't give it power
or anything. If I move around the card, it will connect
for a second or so... is there any way to tighten the
screws or something on the laptop so the card will work?
Or do I simply need to buy a new card? I have a wired card
that works.. strange. Any help greatly appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about loose slot sure

    Unless you really know what you are doing, I'd take it to a Dell Service
    Center. Opening a notebook isn't much fun. A new card isn't likely to
    help, it sounds like it's a loose PCMCIA slot itself that is the problem.

    --
    Cari
    (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    "Venessa" <neocissima@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, I am trying to re-install a wireless PCI card on an
    > old Dell laptop with Win2000 on it. Unfortunately, the
    > computer won't recognize the card... won't give it power
    > or anything. If I move around the card, it will connect
    > for a second or so... is there any way to tighten the
    > screws or something on the laptop so the card will work?
    > Or do I simply need to buy a new card? I have a wired card
    > that works.. strange. Any help greatly appreciated.

Routers PCI Networking