Help on UDF reader!!

April 9, 2005 6:08:32 PM

Friends,

Recently, I purchased a Sony Dual-layer DVD burner which came with NERO
buring sofware, and an "updated" UDF reader.

Previously, I had Sanyo DVD ROM & a Sanyo CD burner, using Easy CD
Creator. (I kept the CD burner as a 2nd drive.)

My problem is: of about 100 CDR-W's that were burned using the UDF reader
(that is bundled with Easy CD Creator) at least 50% are "unreadable"
using the UDF reader that came with the NERO software. Does anyone know
of a "work-around" for this problem? Is there a program that will recover
info from CDR-W's?

I have called Sony about the problem - they told me to pound sand - that
there wasn't anything they could do. NERO told me they are aware of the
problem, but there's nothing they can do either. I went to COMPUSA, and
the morons had no clue about recovery software.

And, if you are thinking of suggesting I reinstall Easy CD Creator,
forget it! Installing these two programs on the same computer will lock-
up your system tighter than you have ever seen!

There has to be an easier way!!

Thanks for any and all help!

Fairwinds and following seas,

SCPO

More about : udf reader

Anonymous
April 9, 2005 7:31:21 PM

If the two readers are not fully compatible, you have only one choice if you
really need the information off of the CD's. Uninstall Nero - install CD
Creator! Copy what you need to the hard drive. Then uninstall Roxio and
reinstall Nero!

BTW: I have both on my computer without any problem.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"SCPO" <SCPO@usn.com> wrote in message
> Friends,
>
> Recently, I purchased a Sony Dual-layer DVD burner which came with NERO
> buring sofware, and an "updated" UDF reader.
>
> Previously, I had Sanyo DVD ROM & a Sanyo CD burner, using Easy CD
> Creator. (I kept the CD burner as a 2nd drive.)
>
> My problem is: of about 100 CDR-W's that were burned using the UDF reader
> (that is bundled with Easy CD Creator) at least 50% are "unreadable"
> using the UDF reader that came with the NERO software. Does anyone know
> of a "work-around" for this problem? Is there a program that will recover
> info from CDR-W's?
>
> I have called Sony about the problem - they told me to pound sand - that
> there wasn't anything they could do. NERO told me they are aware of the
> problem, but there's nothing they can do either. I went to COMPUSA, and
> the morons had no clue about recovery software.
>
> And, if you are thinking of suggesting I reinstall Easy CD Creator,
> forget it! Installing these two programs on the same computer will lock-
> up your system tighter than you have ever seen!
>
> There has to be an easier way!!
>
> Thanks for any and all help!
>
> Fairwinds and following seas,
>
> SCPO
April 9, 2005 7:43:37 PM

"SCPO" <SCPO@usn.com> wrote in message
> Friends,
>
> Recently, I purchased a Sony Dual-layer DVD burner which came with NERO
> buring sofware, and an "updated" UDF reader.
>
> Previously, I had Sanyo DVD ROM & a Sanyo CD burner, using Easy CD
> Creator. (I kept the CD burner as a 2nd drive.)
>
> My problem is: of about 100 CDR-W's that were burned using the UDF reader
> (that is bundled with Easy CD Creator) at least 50% are "unreadable"
> using the UDF reader that came with the NERO software. Does anyone know
> of a "work-around" for this problem? Is there a program that will recover
> info from CDR-W's?
>
> I have called Sony about the problem - they told me to pound sand - that
> there wasn't anything they could do. NERO told me they are aware of the
> problem, but there's nothing they can do either. I went to COMPUSA, and
> the morons had no clue about recovery software.
>
> And, if you are thinking of suggesting I reinstall Easy CD Creator,
> forget it! Installing these two programs on the same computer will lock-
> up your system tighter than you have ever seen!
>
> There has to be an easier way!!
>
> Thanks for any and all help!
>
> Fairwinds and following seas,
>
> SCPO

Maybe ISObuster. It has the function of reading Directcd disks.
http://www.smart-projects.net/cdrecovery/
Related resources
May 10, 2005 10:31:07 PM

I installed the UDF reader version 5. Now every time I start the computer the
'Help & Support Center' send a message saying that "there is a driver causing
instability in the system and was de-activated".

I tried to update to version 7
http://www.roxio.com/en/jhtml/xpupdate.jhtml?location=u...
(provided by the 'Help & Support Center')

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/software_updatesv4...
(provided by a Microsoft reference page in Brazil)

However, I was not able to install since the file requires that Easy Creator
to be installed.

For now my question is: How can I remove this driver?

Alex

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> If the two readers are not fully compatible, you have only one choice if you
> really need the information off of the CD's. Uninstall Nero - install CD
> Creator! Copy what you need to the hard drive. Then uninstall Roxio and
> reinstall Nero!
>
> BTW: I have both on my computer without any problem.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

> "SCPO" <SCPO@usn.com> wrote in message
> > Friends,
> >
> > Recently, I purchased a Sony Dual-layer DVD burner which came with NERO
> > buring sofware, and an "updated" UDF reader.
> >
> > Previously, I had Sanyo DVD ROM & a Sanyo CD burner, using Easy CD
> > Creator. (I kept the CD burner as a 2nd drive.)
> >
> > My problem is: of about 100 CDR-W's that were burned using the UDF reader
> > (that is bundled with Easy CD Creator) at least 50% are "unreadable"
> > using the UDF reader that came with the NERO software. Does anyone know
> > of a "work-around" for this problem? Is there a program that will recover
> > info from CDR-W's?
> >
> > I have called Sony about the problem - they told me to pound sand - that
> > there wasn't anything they could do. NERO told me they are aware of the
> > problem, but there's nothing they can do either. I went to COMPUSA, and
> > the morons had no clue about recovery software.
> >
> > And, if you are thinking of suggesting I reinstall Easy CD Creator,
> > forget it! Installing these two programs on the same computer will lock-
> > up your system tighter than you have ever seen!
> >
> > There has to be an easier way!!
> >
> > Thanks for any and all help!
> >
> > Fairwinds and following seas,
> >
> > SCPO

Anonymous
May 11, 2005 2:37:04 PM

CD Recording Software Will Cause Windows to Become Unstable" Error Message
When You Start Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315345

The following registry fix automates Q315345
http://www.aumha.org/downloads/cdgone.zip

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User