"another installation in progress"

I'm trying to install printer software on my computer but as it starts it
will stall and then i get an error that says "another installation in
progress. Please complete before continuing". Has any one seen this and know
how to fix it?

pop

Maybe: It was some time ago, but I had that problem once: It turned out a
flaky mouse was starting two instances of progs at a time. I finally found
it when I moved a window once to get a look at a previous one to see what it
said. And I discovered another install window sitting there in the back. I
closed one of them, forget which, and it all went along nicely. New mouse
still working fine <g>.

HTH,
Pop

--