Free acer tech support

How do I install office 2000 on my windows 7 acer laptop?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about free acer tech support
  1. It may not support Office 2000. That's a very old version. Try Open Office, it's Free.
  2. thank you, but upon clicking the link McAfee said this site was dangerous.
  3. Best answer
    This is the offical site and it's safe.
  4. Wait, you use McAfee and think you are safe? That AV program is horrible imho.
  5. Best answer selected by Leslie Anne.
  6. price_th said:
    This is the offical site and it's safe.

Thank you, I will try that.

If you could answer 2 more questions for me as well, it would be greatly appreciated.

#1. I am definitely NOT tech savvy. I have had this laptop about a month. I was advised to back up my system. I inserted a CD and nothing happened. Some sort of a pop up told me it would take up 13.7 gb of space. I then went and bought a 16 gb flash drive. That didn't work either. I was then advised to insert a DVD and it would take 4 of them. I then go buy some DVD's, inserted one and it took about 10 + minutes to finish. I then inserted disk 2 and it was just about finished (green fill in bar) when the disk ejected and I got a message there was an error . I was to reinsert a blank disk and resume. Nothing happened other than the timer kept going. I called Acer and they advised me that my "drivers" must be out. They could reinstall the drivers for $70. I am appalled to say the least. The laptop is brand new.

#2. In checking my upload file for updates that have been successfully downloaded, I find events prior to when I owned this laptop and it is supposedly brand new. How does this happen?
Ask a new question

Read More

Acer Laptops Support Office Windows 7