safe mode command prompt

XP SR2 safe mode command prompt?

I put a new program on my computer, now nothing appears on my desktop? I am
getting the following messages:

Aserinit.exe unable to locate component.
This application failed to start because MSVBVM60.DLL was not found.
Reinsattling the application may fix the problem.

And this error as well.

Error unable to load service configuration object:
ContainsSysSvc.ServiceConfiguration

When I startup pressing F8 and select Safe Mode with Command Prompt, no
Command Prompt is available, I’m simply returned to the empty desktop in safe
mode?

My system is XP SR2
3 answers Last reply
More about safe mode command prompt

    Download and install the VB6 Runtime package from here

    http://tinyurl.com/3j3f5

    "Wayne_Harrington" wrote:

    > XP SR2 safe mode command prompt?
    >
    > I put a new program on my computer, now nothing appears on my desktop? I am
    > getting the following messages:
    >
    > Aserinit.exe unable to locate component.
    > This application failed to start because MSVBVM60.DLL was not found.
    > Reinsattling the application may fix the problem.
    >
    > And this error as well.
    >
    > Error unable to load service configuration object:
    > ContainsSysSvc.ServiceConfiguration
    >
    > When I startup pressing F8 and select Safe Mode with Command Prompt, no
    > Command Prompt is available, I’m simply returned to the empty desktop in safe
    > mode?
    >
    > My system is XP SR2

    The only thing I have is a blank desktop. Not icons, nothing! I can’t
    download nor install anything. The only thing I can still use is the Task
    Manager.
  3. If u Can Use Task Manager Follow These Steps

    1-Come To Applications section
    2-Press New Task And Write > Explorer.exe
    3-Voila!!!! Ur Things Are Back
    Maybe Its A problem in The Explorer.exe Its Not Responding Or Somthing :wahoo:

Safe Mode Command Prompt Windows XP