good video card for video capture??

ASUS R9800XT.

HIS R9800 ICE-Q (select models).

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Yeah but unless you need all the added features, you can get more out of a VIVO card.

However yes, you're right the AIW line from the R9600Pro to the R9800XT would be a good choice as well, but a little pricier.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

pauldh

Illustrious
Another AIW 9600 Pro vote. Decent midrange gaming card, TV & FM tuner, video capture, and the retail Built By ATI has the HL2 coupon in it.

Or if your current card games ok now, just buy a tv tuner/video capture card. A Leadtek Winfast 2000XP/Expert ($50) works fine and you can keep it through each (AGP) video card upgrade.

I have owned 3 AIW cards, but I just got tired of losing the TV tuner/video capture abilities every time the card was no longer capable of decent framerates while gaming.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 512MB Corsair TwinX PC3200LL, Radeon 9500 Pro, Santa Cruz, Antec 1000AMG, TruePower 430watt