password protect only certain folders or files

April 10, 2005 1:40:47 AM

I've got xp home edition and am the only user. I don't want a password
for my entire computer, but I would like to have passwords for a few
folders and files. How do you set up a password for only one or two
folders? thanks
April 10, 2005 1:40:48 AM

You need to get something like this program from this website below

http://www.newsoftwares.net/folderlock/

"garyw" <garygrantham@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I've got xp home edition and am the only user. I don't want a password
> for my entire computer, but I would like to have passwords for a few
> folders and files. How do you set up a password for only one or two
> folders? thanks
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 1:40:48 AM

You can password protect compressed (zipped) folders in windows
XP. Take a look here for the procedure:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306531&sd=tech

Make sure that you use a password that will be easy for you to
remember but not easy to guess. If you lose the password you will
be unable to access your files.

--
Nepatsfan
!