password protect only certain folders or files

I've got xp home edition and am the only user. I don't want a password
for my entire computer, but I would like to have passwords for a few
folders and files. How do you set up a password for only one or two
folders? thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about password protect folders files

    You need to get something like this program from this website below

    http://www.newsoftwares.net/folderlock/

    "garyw" <garygrantham@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > I've got xp home edition and am the only user. I don't want a password
    > for my entire computer, but I would like to have passwords for a few
    > folders and files. How do you set up a password for only one or two
    > folders? thanks

    You can password protect compressed (zipped) folders in windows
    XP. Take a look here for the procedure:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306531&sd=tech

    Make sure that you use a password that will be easy for you to
    remember but not easy to guess. If you lose the password you will
    be unable to access your files.

    --
    Nepatsfan
    "garyw" <garygrantham@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > I've got xp home edition and am the only user. I don't want a
    > password
    > for my entire computer, but I would like to have passwords for
    > a few
    > folders and files. How do you set up a password for only one
    > or two
    > folders? thanks

Microsoft Windows XP