My Computer on desktop accidentally deleted

April 9, 2005 6:43:41 PM

Sometime ago I accidentally deleted the My Computer icon on my WinXP
Pro system.

I keep looking for how to restore it but have been unable to figure
out how.

My bet is that somebody on this newsgroup knows the answer right off
the top of their head.

So, is anybody willing to help this dummy correct his mistake?

Thanks in advance,

Terry Liittschwager
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 10:50:00 PM

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 14:43:41 -0700, Bob Horvath wrote:

You can go to START, right click on MY COMPUTER, and drag it to the
desktop, and select "create shortcut here"

>Sometime ago I accidentally deleted the My Computer icon on my WinXP
>Pro system.
>
>I keep looking for how to restore it but have been unable to figure
>out how.
>
>My bet is that somebody on this newsgroup knows the answer right off
>the top of their head.
>
>So, is anybody willing to help this dummy correct his mistake?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Terry Liittschwager
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 3:10:57 AM

Terry, rt click Start Button>select Properties>Customize>Advanced>My
Computer-show as link. Ok Apply. Click on
Start>rt click on MyComputer>select Show on Desktop.
"Terry Liittschwager" <terry@epud.net> wrote in message
> Sometime ago I accidentally deleted the My Computer icon on my WinXP
> Pro system.
>
> I keep looking for how to restore it but have been unable to figure
> out how.
>
> My bet is that somebody on this newsgroup knows the answer right off
> the top of their head.
>
> So, is anybody willing to help this dummy correct his mistake?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Terry Liittschwager

April 10, 2005 2:13:01 PM

See: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;330170

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Terry Liittschwager" <terry@epud.net> wrote in message
> Sometime ago I accidentally deleted the My Computer icon on my WinXP
> Pro system.
>
> I keep looking for how to restore it but have been unable to figure
> out how.
>
> My bet is that somebody on this newsgroup knows the answer right off
> the top of their head.
>
> So, is anybody willing to help this dummy correct his mistake?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Terry Liittschwager

Anonymous
April 11, 2005 4:18:39 PM

Many thanks, I would never have thught of right-clicking on the Start
button. Hopefully I'll remember it because there's some other
interesting options there.

Thanks again,

Terry

!