Modem, ISP, Windows? What is it?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Hi,
I am having trouble I have a dial-up connection and Windows XP Home. The
problem is that when I am on the internet a web page is loading or I am
downloading something the internet stops responding...the icon of the two
computers on the system tray says that my computer is sending data but not
getting any response and after a little while it either responds and works
normally or it disconnects but now, most of the time it disconnects and after
I reconnect it happens again. How do I solve this problem, its not my ISP and
I dont want to change my ISP, and I tried rebuilding Windstock with this
command "netsh winsock reset"...it didnt work, If it is my modem it doesn't
have a driver update...what can i do??
I would like someone to help me because this problem is really getting on my
nerves I cant download anything, it is hard to look at webpages because it
stops responding.
HELP
--
Adiel

Little more information might help.
What kind of modem do you have? What Model? What ISP? What kind of Computer
are you running?

"? Ð i ? ?" <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am having trouble I have a dial-up connection and Windows XP Home. The
> problem is that when I am on the internet a web page is loading or I am
> downloading something the internet stops responding...the icon of the two
> computers on the system tray says that my computer is sending data but not
> getting any response and after a little while it either responds and works
> normally or it disconnects but now, most of the time it disconnects and
> after
> I reconnect it happens again. How do I solve this problem, its not my ISP
> and
> I dont want to change my ISP, and I tried rebuilding Windstock with this
> command "netsh winsock reset"...it didnt work, If it is my modem it
> doesn't
> have a driver update...what can i do??
> I would like someone to help me because this problem is really getting on
> my
> nerves I cant download anything, it is hard to look at webpages because it
> stops responding.
> HELP
> --
> Adiel

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

My modem is a Conexant D850 56K V.9x DFVc Modem, and I have Yahoo as my
current ISP, and my computer is a DELL dimension 3000, 3.00 GHZ HT, and 256
of RAM.
Any more questions just ask, or email me at adiel49@hotmail.com...i really
want to solve this problem.

"Rat leon" wrote:

> Little more information might help.
> What kind of modem do you have? What Model? What ISP? What kind of Computer
> are you running?
>
> "? Ã? i ? ?" <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I am having trouble I have a dial-up connection and Windows XP Home. The
> > problem is that when I am on the internet a web page is loading or I am
> > downloading something the internet stops responding...the icon of the two
> > computers on the system tray says that my computer is sending data but not
> > getting any response and after a little while it either responds and works
> > normally or it disconnects but now, most of the time it disconnects and
> > after
> > I reconnect it happens again. How do I solve this problem, its not my ISP
> > and
> > I dont want to change my ISP, and I tried rebuilding Windstock with this
> > command "netsh winsock reset"...it didnt work, If it is my modem it
> > doesn't
> > have a driver update...what can i do??
> > I would like someone to help me because this problem is really getting on
> > my
> > nerves I cant download anything, it is hard to look at webpages because it
> > stops responding.
> > HELP
> > --
> > Adiel

bar

Good ISPs will have a helpdesk number that you can call and speak with their
courteous, well trianed advisors.

I commend you to make a phone call and they will endeavour to get your
connection more stable.

If you are using a dial-up connection, there may be problems with you phone
line; changes to the modem settings, even software or driver issues.

Too difficult to resolve on a post such as this.

Do call the ISP and they can talk you through your problems.