Modem, ISP, Windows? What is it?

Hi,
I am having trouble I have a dial-up connection and Windows XP Home. The
problem is that when I am on the internet a web page is loading or I am
downloading something the internet stops responding...the icon of the two
computers on the system tray says that my computer is sending data but not
getting any response and after a little while it either responds and works
normally or it disconnects but now, most of the time it disconnects and after
I reconnect it happens again. How do I solve this problem, its not my ISP and
I dont want to change my ISP, and I tried rebuilding Windstock with this
command "netsh winsock reset"...it didnt work, If it is my modem it doesn't
have a driver update...what can i do??
I would like someone to help me because this problem is really getting on my
nerves I cant download anything, it is hard to look at webpages because it
stops responding.
HELP
--
Adiel
3 answers Last reply

    Little more information might help.
    What kind of modem do you have? What Model? What ISP? What kind of Computer
    are you running?

    "? Ð i ? ?" <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I am having trouble I have a dial-up connection and Windows XP Home. The
    > problem is that when I am on the internet a web page is loading or I am
    > downloading something the internet stops responding...the icon of the two
    > computers on the system tray says that my computer is sending data but not
    > getting any response and after a little while it either responds and works
    > normally or it disconnects but now, most of the time it disconnects and
    > after
    > I reconnect it happens again. How do I solve this problem, its not my ISP
    > and
    > I dont want to change my ISP, and I tried rebuilding Windstock with this
    > command "netsh winsock reset"...it didnt work, If it is my modem it
    > doesn't
    > have a driver update...what can i do??
    > I would like someone to help me because this problem is really getting on
    > my
    > nerves I cant download anything, it is hard to look at webpages because it
    > stops responding.
    > HELP
    > --
    > Adiel

    My modem is a Conexant D850 56K V.9x DFVc Modem, and I have Yahoo as my
    current ISP, and my computer is a DELL dimension 3000, 3.00 GHZ HT, and 256
    of RAM.
    Any more questions just ask, or email me at adiel49@hotmail.com...i really
    want to solve this problem.

    "Rat leon" wrote:

    > Little more information might help.
    > What kind of modem do you have? What Model? What ISP? What kind of Computer
    > are you running?
    >
    > "? Ã? i ? ?" <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > I am having trouble I have a dial-up connection and Windows XP Home. The
    > > problem is that when I am on the internet a web page is loading or I am
    > > downloading something the internet stops responding...the icon of the two
    > > computers on the system tray says that my computer is sending data but not
    > > getting any response and after a little while it either responds and works
    > > normally or it disconnects but now, most of the time it disconnects and
    > > after
    > > I reconnect it happens again. How do I solve this problem, its not my ISP
    > > and
    > > I dont want to change my ISP, and I tried rebuilding Windstock with this
    > > command "netsh winsock reset"...it didnt work, If it is my modem it
    > > doesn't
    > > have a driver update...what can i do??
    > > I would like someone to help me because this problem is really getting on
    > > my
    > > nerves I cant download anything, it is hard to look at webpages because it
    > > stops responding.
    > > HELP
    > > --
    > > Adiel

    Good ISPs will have a helpdesk number that you can call and speak with their
    courteous, well trianed advisors.

    I commend you to make a phone call and they will endeavour to get your
    connection more stable.

    If you are using a dial-up connection, there may be problems with you phone
    line; changes to the modem settings, even software or driver issues.

    Too difficult to resolve on a post such as this.

    Do call the ISP and they can talk you through your problems.

    "Δ � į Σ Γ" wrote:

    > My modem is a Conexant D850 56K V.9x DFVc Modem, and I have Yahoo as my
    > current ISP, and my computer is a DELL dimension 3000, 3.00 GHZ HT, and 256
    > of RAM.
    > Any more questions just ask, or email me at adiel49@hotmail.com...i really
    > want to solve this problem.
    >
    > "Rat leon" wrote:
    >
    > > Little more information might help.
    > > What kind of modem do you have? What Model? What ISP? What kind of Computer
    > > are you running?
    > >
    > > "? Ã? i ? ?" <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > > I am having trouble I have a dial-up connection and Windows XP Home. The
    > > > problem is that when I am on the internet a web page is loading or I am
    > > > downloading something the internet stops responding...the icon of the two
    > > > computers on the system tray says that my computer is sending data but not
    > > > getting any response and after a little while it either responds and works
    > > > normally or it disconnects but now, most of the time it disconnects and
    > > > after
    > > > I reconnect it happens again. How do I solve this problem, its not my ISP
    > > > and
    > > > I dont want to change my ISP, and I tried rebuilding Windstock with this
    > > > command "netsh winsock reset"...it didnt work, If it is my modem it
    > > > doesn't
    > > > have a driver update...what can i do??
    > > > I would like someone to help me because this problem is really getting on
    > > > my
    > > > nerves I cant download anything, it is hard to look at webpages because it
    > > > stops responding.
    > > > HELP
    > > > --
    > > > Adiel

Internet Service Providers Dial Up Connection Windows XP