HEEEELLLP I WANT MY FILES BACK

one of the password protected accounts on my computer got deleted by accident
but the files for the account like my docs and everything are still on the
computer. the problem is...all of the accounts folders are private. i have
all of my documents in the folders but when i go to my
computer>C://>documents and settings and i pick the folder of the account
that got deleted it says ACCES DENIED. I NEED HELP!!! HOW DO I GET MY FILES
BACK
2 answers Last reply
More about heeeelllp files back

    Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    desperate for HELP wrote:
    > one of the password protected accounts on my computer got deleted by
    > accident but the files for the account like my docs and everything
    > are still on the computer. the problem is...all of the accounts
    > folders are private. i have all of my documents in the folders but
    > when i go to my computer>C://>documents and settings and i pick the
    > folder of the account that got deleted it says ACCES DENIED. I NEED
    > HELP!!! HOW DO I GET MY FILES BACK

    As long as EFS is not involved:

    How to Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

    How to disable simplified sharing & set permissions
    on a shared folder in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307874

    --
    <- Shenan ->