Internet keeps disconnecting

Every time I open Outlook Express I recieve my e-mails then my computer
disconnects itself from the internet. Why is this happening and is there
anyway of fixing it?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Broadband or dial-up connection?

"FrigidIceQueen" <FrigidIceQueen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I open Outlook Express I recieve my e-mails then my computer
> disconnects itself from the internet. Why is this happening and is there
> anyway of fixing it?

In Tools>Options>Connection Tab make sure the box for "disconnect after
sending and receiving messages" is not checked.

"FrigidIceQueen" <FrigidIceQueen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I open Outlook Express I recieve my e-mails then my computer
> disconnects itself from the internet. Why is this happening and is there
> anyway of fixing it?

Thank you that was all it was. I don't know how it got checked though
because I've never opened the tools menu. I swear my computer changes stuff
itself without me knowing.

FrigidIceQueen wrote:
> Every time I open Outlook Express I recieve my e-mails then my computer
> disconnects itself from the internet. Why is this happening and is there
> anyway of fixing it?

In Outlook Express, check to make sure this is UNCHECKED:

Tools --> Options --> Connection tab --> Hang up after sending/receiving
checkbox..

--
<- Shenan ->
yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately responsible