Having problem Downloading (stopping)

Hi-

I had to do a reinstall recently of XP pro and now when I go to download
from anywhere my downloads are stopping in the middle and what I have to do
is cancel out and redownload like 5 times per download. I have never had
this problem before. It took me like 20 tries to DL sp2. Not sure what is
going on. I have a sony vaio with xp pro. I loaded up an atheros client
2.3.0.7.7 to handle my wireless connection which doesnt seem to be helping.
I tried a lan cable to DL stuff and it didnt stop when using that so I am
not sure what to do or how to correct this. I also did not have this
problem ever before the reinstall.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about having problem downloading stopping

    Properly configure your internet connection. Get rid of the "client" you
    loaded. Until you get your connection set up correctly, you won't be
    needing any kind of download or connection manager to muck things up.
    Service Pack 2 has probably screwed up your connection so I would suggest
    uninstalling it. Go to the Windows Update website for information on what
    is required to ensure a trouble-free SP 2 experience. Personally, I won't
    have anything to do with Service Pack 2, but that's just me.

    "johhnyjohnson" <johnnyjohnson@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Hi-
    >
    > I had to do a reinstall recently of XP pro and now when I go to download
    > from anywhere my downloads are stopping in the middle and what I have to
    do
    > is cancel out and redownload like 5 times per download. I have never had
    > this problem before. It took me like 20 tries to DL sp2. Not sure what
    is
    > going on. I have a sony vaio with xp pro. I loaded up an atheros client
    > 2.3.0.7.7 to handle my wireless connection which doesnt seem to be
    helping.
    > I tried a lan cable to DL stuff and it didnt stop when using that so I am
    > not sure what to do or how to correct this. I also did not have this
    > problem ever before the reinstall.
    >
    > Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

    Hi-

    Thanks for the advice. You really think I should unindysll SP2? What other
    problems might that cause that I do not realize?

    Thanks.
    "johhnyjohnson" <johnnyjohnson@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Hi-
    >
    > I had to do a reinstall recently of XP pro and now when I go to download
    > from anywhere my downloads are stopping in the middle and what I have to
    > do is cancel out and redownload like 5 times per download. I have never
    > had this problem before. It took me like 20 tries to DL sp2. Not sure
    > what is going on. I have a sony vaio with xp pro. I loaded up an atheros
    > client 2.3.0.7.7 to handle my wireless connection which doesnt seem to be
    > helping. I tried a lan cable to DL stuff and it didnt stop when using that
    > so I am not sure what to do or how to correct this. I also did not have
    > this problem ever before the reinstall.
    >
    > Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Windows XP