Why did the Tac-Scan only sell for $250?

this was a completed auction last week, and the machine seemed to work.
i was expecting at least 800 on that game. why so low? the monitor
should be worth more. Harry

guinness

Tac Scan >>>> Sega Color Vector converta games ....same as
Space Duel >>>> Atari color vector.

Tac Scan's have *never* been a high ticket item. To get one working for
$400 hasn't been a challenge for several years. $250 is still a good
deal, but for Sega Color Vector its been the cheap one.

tim (NH)

"Harry in Montreal" <mustang4_6@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
> this was a completed auction last week, and the machine seemed to work.
> i was expecting at least 800 on that game. why so low? the monitor
> should be worth more. Harry

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

This is all great to know as I LOVE Tac-Scan! I will have to keep my eyes
open!

"guinness" <guinnessREMOVE@aspi.net> wrote in message
> Tac Scan >>>> Sega Color Vector converta games ....same as
> Space Duel >>>> Atari color vector.
>
> Tac Scan's have *never* been a high ticket item. To get one working for
> $400 hasn't been a challenge for several years. $250 is still a good
> deal, but for Sega Color Vector its been the cheap one.
>
> tim (NH)
>
> "Harry in Montreal" <mustang4_6@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
> > this was a completed auction last week, and the machine seemed to work.
> > i was expecting at least 800 on that game. why so low? the monitor
> > should be worth more. Harry

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

Location for one. Who wants to pay palleting and shipping for a water
damaged Tac-Scan. I nice one would go for $800. He would have got much more
parting it out, IMO.
Very under rated game, As I have one myself.

Troy,

James wrote:
> This is all great to know as I LOVE Tac-Scan! I will have to keep my eyes
> open!

Same here, but before I buy one does anyone know how much owning a Sega
vector causes your fire insurance to go up?? ;)
--
Dave Bush <statman.onay.pamsay@twcny.rr.com>

Remove the pig Latin to reply.

even at the auctions during the peak of collecting they didn't get that
much.
$75 for a non working one. i think this happened twice in dallas.
game is fun, but the cab is butt ugly

ronald

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

I guess location has something to do with it.
I have seen non-working ones at L.A. auctions go for $300 minimum.
Prices do seem higher on the west coast.
I don't think the cabinets look that bad. There are worse ones out there.
I would say Xenophobe for one, Generic Taito's are no beauties IMO.

Troy ,