Windows - corrupt file

I keep getting a little yellow bubble coming up on the bottom of the screen
saying that i have corrupt files and to run Chkdsk which i do but it keeps
coming up. Anyone got any ideas what is going on??
7 answers Last reply
More about windows corrupt file

    "Tezza" <Tezza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I keep getting a little yellow bubble coming up on the bottom of the screen
    > saying that i have corrupt files and to run Chkdsk which i do but it keeps
    > coming up. Anyone got any ideas what is going on??

    Don't suppose you have an iPod by any chance ?

    No, i havent got a ipod

    "Derek Blakey" wrote:

    > "Tezza" <Tezza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I keep getting a little yellow bubble coming up on the bottom of the screen
    > > saying that i have corrupt files and to run Chkdsk which i do but it keeps
    > > coming up. Anyone got any ideas what is going on??
    >
    > Don't suppose you have an iPod by any chance ?

    go down to the lower left start butoon and select run. type cmd, then in the
    widow, type chkdsk.
    Sit back and let it run. The disk willl try to repair itself.
    Good Luck.

    "Tezza" wrote:

    > No, i havent got a ipod
    >
    > "Derek Blakey" wrote:
    >

    > > "Tezza" <Tezza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > >I keep getting a little yellow bubble coming up on the bottom of the screen
    > > > saying that i have corrupt files and to run Chkdsk which i do but it keeps
    > > > coming up. Anyone got any ideas what is going on??
    > >
    > > Don't suppose you have an iPod by any chance ?

    Okay did that and it came up Errors found. CHKDSK cannot continue in read
    only mode. What do i do now? Has anyone got any ideas what caused this?

    "Mengxin" wrote:

    > go down to the lower left start butoon and select run. type cmd, then in the
    > widow, type chkdsk.
    > Sit back and let it run. The disk willl try to repair itself.
    > Good Luck.
    >
    > "Tezza" wrote:
    >
    > > No, i havent got a ipod
    > >
    > > "Derek Blakey" wrote:
    > >

    > > > "Tezza" <Tezza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Don't suppose you have an iPod by any chance ?

    Hi,

    Click start/run and type cmd, then click ok. At the prompt, run "chkdsk C:
    /r" (without the quotes). You will get an error message followed by a prompt
    to schedule the disk check to be done when the system is rebooted. Type Y to
    agree and hit enter, then exit or close the cmd prompt. Now restart the
    system and go get a cup of coffee while the disk checker does it's job.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Tezza" <Tezza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I keep getting a little yellow bubble coming up on the bottom of the screen
    > saying that i have corrupt files and to run Chkdsk which i do but it keeps
    > coming up. Anyone got any ideas what is going on??

    See my response. To fix the disk errors, you have to run it at boot before
    Windows is fully loaded.

    --

    > Okay did that and it came up Errors found. CHKDSK cannot continue in read
    > only mode. What do i do now? Has anyone got any ideas what caused this?
    >
    > "Mengxin" wrote:
    >
    >> go down to the lower left start butoon and select run. type cmd, then in
    >> the
    >> widow, type chkdsk.
    >> Sit back and let it run. The disk willl try to repair itself.
    >> Good Luck.
    >>
    >> "Tezza" wrote:
    >>
    >> > No, i havent got a ipod

    I am having the same problems and my son just not long ago installed a
    MP3 player does this have something to do with it

    --
    meza
    meza's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=11892

Support Microsoft Windows XP