Windows - corrupt file

April 10, 2005 2:17:01 AM

I keep getting a little yellow bubble coming up on the bottom of the screen
saying that i have corrupt files and to run Chkdsk which i do but it keeps
coming up. Anyone got any ideas what is going on??

More about : windows corrupt file

Anonymous
April 10, 2005 9:49:20 AM

"Tezza" <Tezza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D F09E37F-6A08-4F6A-8F34-136F6D5FA607@microsoft.com...
>I keep getting a little yellow bubble coming up on the bottom of the screen
> saying that i have corrupt files and to run Chkdsk which i do but it keeps
> coming up. Anyone got any ideas what is going on??

Don't suppose you have an iPod by any chance ?
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 9:49:21 AM

No, i havent got a ipod

"Derek Blakey" wrote:

> "Tezza" <Tezza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D F09E37F-6A08-4F6A-8F34-136F6D5FA607@microsoft.com...
> >I keep getting a little yellow bubble coming up on the bottom of the screen
> > saying that i have corrupt files and to run Chkdsk which i do but it keeps
> > coming up. Anyone got any ideas what is going on??
>
> Don't suppose you have an iPod by any chance ?

April 10, 2005 9:49:22 AM

go down to the lower left start butoon and select run. type cmd, then in the
widow, type chkdsk.
Sit back and let it run. The disk willl try to repair itself.
Good Luck.

"Tezza" wrote:

> No, i havent got a ipod
>
> "Derek Blakey" wrote:
>

> > "Tezza" <Tezza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:D F09E37F-6A08-4F6A-8F34-136F6D5FA607@microsoft.com...
> > >I keep getting a little yellow bubble coming up on the bottom of the screen
> > > saying that i have corrupt files and to run Chkdsk which i do but it keeps
> > > coming up. Anyone got any ideas what is going on??
> >
> > Don't suppose you have an iPod by any chance ?

Anonymous
April 10, 2005 9:49:23 AM

Okay did that and it came up Errors found. CHKDSK cannot continue in read
only mode. What do i do now? Has anyone got any ideas what caused this?

"Mengxin" wrote:

> go down to the lower left start butoon and select run. type cmd, then in the
> widow, type chkdsk.
> Sit back and let it run. The disk willl try to repair itself.
> Good Luck.
>
> "Tezza" wrote:
>
> > No, i havent got a ipod
> >
> > "Derek Blakey" wrote:
> >

> > > "Tezza" <Tezza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > news:D F09E37F-6A08-4F6A-8F34-136F6D5FA607@microsoft.com...
> > >
> > > Don't suppose you have an iPod by any chance ?

Anonymous
April 10, 2005 12:24:30 PM

Hi,

Click start/run and type cmd, then click ok. At the prompt, run "chkdsk C:
/r" (without the quotes). You will get an error message followed by a prompt
to schedule the disk check to be done when the system is rebooted. Type Y to
agree and hit enter, then exit or close the cmd prompt. Now restart the
system and go get a cup of coffee while the disk checker does it's job.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Tezza" <Tezza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D F09E37F-6A08-4F6A-8F34-136F6D5FA607@microsoft.com...
>I keep getting a little yellow bubble coming up on the bottom of the screen
> saying that i have corrupt files and to run Chkdsk which i do but it keeps
> coming up. Anyone got any ideas what is going on??
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 1:20:15 PM

See my response. To fix the disk errors, you have to run it at boot before
Windows is fully loaded.

--

!