alt tab and 9800 crashes

lightswitch

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2004
I think I've found one reason for some of my crashes. I've noticed if I play wc3, and alt tab during gameplay, then go back and play, upon exiting the program my system will crash.

If I don't alt tab any, I don't crash upon exiting the program. This appears to be the trend at least.

I've had a few sporatic crashes just while browsing the internet, and once when I was opening a folder. I get a quick bluescreen I can't read then a system reboot.

Any ideas though what could be going on, regarding the alt tab and crashing ? Something with the hardware itself perhaps ? I know the obvious answer may be to see if never alt tabbing fixes everything, but I still have to see if I"ll get sporatic crashes.

If this all keeps up I may just sell this sapphire 9800 pro or trade it for a 9600 xt or somethin and see if that pleases my system more. I"ll take lesser quality for higher stability.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
most games arent made to be alt tabbed out of. i always have problems in games i try that on. but my system usually doesnt crash because of it.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 69.12.5.119:27015
now featuring (optional) cheating death!