unable to format drive properly

checked out disk managment, C: drive comes up as one big primary
partition??? I am unable to delete partition or format C: drive from
here too This is totaly beyond me, I wish I had a copy of 98 or ME
right now.

--
Anubis

Anubis wrote:
> checked out disk managment, C: drive comes up as one big primary
> partition??? I am unable to delete partition or format C: drive from
> here too This is totaly beyond me, I wish I had a copy of 98 or ME
> right now.

You should be booting off of cd-rom and use the XP install CD's tool to
prepare the hard drive.
-max

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 00:14:05 +0000, Anubis
<Anubis.1n9cdq@pcbanter.net> wrote:

>checked out disk managment, C: drive comes up as one big primary
>partition??? I am unable to delete partition or format C: drive from
>here too This is totaly beyond me, I wish I had a copy of 98 or ME
>right now.

When you are installing XP delete the partition then recreate it and
format. You cannot format the C: drive from within windows. This
would be like cutting the legs out from under XP so it won't allow you
to do that. The same thing is true of Wndows 98 and ME so I don't
know why you would want to have one of them instead.

Steve B.