I have looked high and low for a WEP setting where I can
enter my passphrase. no go. So I looked at the specs for
the MN-720 and it says WEP:eek:ff

I can't believe it. I mean I'd much rather use WPA - BUT,
when you have older computers/adapters, WEP's the way to
go.

anyone know of a way to get the MN-720 to work with WEP?

The MN-720 should work with WEP with no problems. If you're running SP2, right click My Network Places and select Properties. Right click the entry for your MN-720 and select Properties. Go to the Wireless Networks tab. Highlight the network you wish to connect to and click Properties. You can enter/change your WEP key from there.

I can't vouch for the series of steps if you're running SP1 or earlier, but it should be similar.
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"JDWaters" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:354201c55ade$19450380$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>I have looked high and low for a WEP setting where I can
> enter my passphrase. no go. So I looked at the specs for
> the MN-720 and it says WEP:eek:ff
>
> I can't believe it. I mean I'd much rather use WPA - BUT,
> when you have older computers/adapters, WEP's the way to
> go.
>
> anyone know of a way to get the MN-720 to work with WEP?

been there, done that.
I setup my SMC card without a problem. Found the choice of
enabling WEP, 128bit, keyphrase, etc.
But don't see it as an option on the MN-720

yes, I'm running SP2

> right click My Network Places and select Properties. Right click the entry for your MN-720 and select Properties. Go to the Wireless Networks tab.

When I do this, there is not a wireless networks tab. My choices are:
General, Authentication, Advanced

Normally on other wireless cards I click Configure Card where I have these
tabs:
General, Advanced, Driveer, REsources, Power Management

Then I usually select Advanced and change the SSID, channel etc. On another
card I have, this is where the WEP Key goes as well.
But for the MN-720, there is no choice where I can select to Enable WEP or
enter a passphrase.

how can that be?

Sounds like you haven't enabled Wireless Zero Configuration in Services.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"JD Waters" <JD Waters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> yes, I'm running SP2
>
>> right click My Network Places and select Properties. Right click the
>> entry for your MN-720 and select Properties. Go to the Wireless Networks
>> tab.
>
> When I do this, there is not a wireless networks tab. My choices are:
> General, Authentication, Advanced
>
> Normally on other wireless cards I click Configure Card where I have these
> tabs:
> General, Advanced, Driveer, REsources, Power Management
>
> Then I usually select Advanced and change the SSID, channel etc. On
> another
> card I have, this is where the WEP Key goes as well.
> But for the MN-720, there is no choice where I can select to Enable WEP or
> enter a passphrase.
>
> how can that be?

cool. I'll try this. thanks.