Drops Connection then fails Dial Up Connection?

Hi,
I connect to internet via broadband through a BT Voyager Wireless Router.
Recently, I have noticed that the connection seems to drop.
I can connect to http://ukpetsonline.com. No problem, but if I then try to
connect to http://ukpetsonline.co.uk the Dial Up Connection dialogue box
appears, if I try to connect the connection fails. If I then try to go back
to http://ukpetsonline.com I get the message that I am offline and do I want
to connect which then connects OK.
Why does the connection drop out and how can I stop it happening?
It does this with other connections not just http://ukpetsonline.co.uk

pip22

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2004

You are on broadband (ie no dial-up), yet you say you get a dial-up
connection box popping up which doesn't work when you try to connect? You
shouldn't see a dial-up box at all, at any time, if you are on broadband. Go
into Control Panel -- Network Connections. Delete any icons which refer to a
old dial-up account you no longer use (do NOT delete your current ADSL LAN
connection). Now reboot and see how it goes.

"FoS605" wrote:

> Hi,
> I connect to internet via broadband through a BT Voyager Wireless Router.
> Recently, I have noticed that the connection seems to drop.
> I can connect to http://ukpetsonline.com. No problem, but if I then try to
> connect to http://ukpetsonline.co.uk the Dial Up Connection dialogue box
> appears, if I try to connect the connection fails. If I then try to go back
> to http://ukpetsonline.com I get the message that I am offline and do I want
> to connect which then connects OK.
> Why does the connection drop out and how can I stop it happening?
> It does this with other connections not just http://ukpetsonline.co.uk

Thanks for the advice. There was a network connection
which I deleted and everything seems ok now.

FoS605 Wrote:
> Hi,
> I connect to internet via broadband through a BT Voyager Wireless
> Router.
> Recently, I have noticed that the connection seems to drop.
> I can connect to http://ukpetsonline.com. No problem, but if I then try
> connect to http://ukpetsonline.co.uk the Dial Up Connection dialogue
> box
> appears, if I try to connect the connection fails.

Have you checked that you have set IE correctly? Tools - Connections
should be set never to dial a connection if you are using a router.

--
Rik Bean